HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Latin America (Group) » Bolivian Tribe With Healt...

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 01:05 AM

Bolivian Tribe With Healthiest Brains May Hold Key to Curing Alzheimer's

Bolivian Tribe With Healthiest Brains May Hold Key to Curing Alzheimer's
By Miguel Brown Jun 08, 2021 08:20 AM EDT

It is widely believed that the quality of healthcare is higher in developed countries, and that results in a longer average lifespan for their citizens. In contrast, developing countries with weaker healthcare systems and infrastructure have higher mortality rates.

However, there are instances where the urban, sedentary lifestyle may not always be as advantageous as those of some people living in the most rural parts of the world.

At least, that was the conclusion of a recent health study into the Tsimane Tribe of the Bolivian Amazon. The results indicated that, despite limited access to modern healthcare and lower standards of living, members of the tribe exhibited brains that were not as aged as their Western counterparts in developed nations.

Tribal people's daily activity contribute to healthiest brains

(Photo : Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images)
SAO LUIZ DO TAPAJOS, BRAZIL - NOVEMBER 27: Members of the Munduruku indigenous tribe gather along the Tapajos River during a "Caravan of Resistance'" protest by indigenous groups and supporters who oppose plans to construct a hydroelectric dam on the Tapajos River in the Amazon rainforest on November 27, 2014 in Sao Luiz do Tapajos, Para State, Brazil.

Life among today's indigenous peoples has always been difficult. They suffer from limited access to resources as well as threats to their ancient territories by increasing urbanization. On the flip side, the same circumstances had made it possible to restrict their diets from the high sugars and fats often present in more industrialized societies.

More:
https://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/46342/20210608/bolivian-tribe-healthiest-brains-alzheimers.htm

2 replies, 759 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bolivian Tribe With Healthiest Brains May Hold Key to Curing Alzheimer's (Original post)
Judi Lynn Jun 2021 OP
Cracklin Charlie Jun 2021 #1
marble falls Jun 2021 #2

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 01:08 AM

1. My motto:

Move it or lose it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 10:19 AM

2. As I've seen all these reports about isolated 'tribes' (a word fraught with its own problems) ...

... with natural lack of modern illnesses and long lived in 'primitive' (another one of those words) conditions.

I think the commonality of 90% of these populations is: isolation from modern illnesses and living a more simple, natural lifestyle.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread