HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Personal Finance and Investing (Group) » Need CPA information

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 06:31 PM

Need CPA information

I'm in Iowa helping my very elderly father. His CPA of many years messed up 2014 for my dad. Dad paid late state and federal taxes and the penalties are around 300 dollars. Is the CPA liable for the penalties and interest?

1 replies, 1364 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Need CPA information (Original post)
roody Dec 2015 OP
SheilaT Dec 2015 #1

Response to roody (Original post)

Sat Dec 12, 2015, 06:08 PM

1. You could try calling some other CPA out there and ask.


Or maybe the IRS might know.

I sort of doubt that the CPA is liable, unless the agreement your dad has with him explicitly says he is. In any case, get the 300 dollars paid quickly so that penalties don't pile up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread