HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Environment & Energy (Group) » Delta commission votes to...

Sun May 26, 2013, 12:33 AM

Delta commission votes to oppose water tunnel plan

The Delta Protection Commission voted Thursday to oppose Gov. Jerry Brown's proposal for two giant water diversion tunnels in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, saying the project would not help agriculture, recreation and water quality.

"What has been released is not something they feel is supportive of the Delta," said Michael Machado, the commission's executive director.

The project, known as the Bay Delta Conservation Plan, calls for three intakes on the Sacramento River near Courtland. They would serve two giant tunnels that would divert a portion of the river's flow to existing state and federal canal systems near Tracy.

The project also includes 100,000 acres of habitat restoration, which will require buying out Delta farmland.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/25/5447044/delta-commission-votes-to-oppose.html#storylink=cpy

2 replies, 655 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Delta commission votes to oppose water tunnel plan (Original post)
XemaSab May 2013 OP
DCKit May 2013 #1
roody May 2013 #2

Response to XemaSab (Original post)

Sun May 26, 2013, 12:57 AM

1. I doubt that enough of us know what's going on here to deserve to have an opinion. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DCKit (Reply #1)

Sun May 26, 2013, 01:36 AM

2. I sure don't.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread