HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Foreign Affairs (Group) » Biden says he is 'looking...

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:22 PM

Biden says he is 'looking closely' at retaliation over Russian-linked cyberattack

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he was examining whether the U.S. would retaliate for a cyberattack linked to Russian-based hackers targeting the country’s largest meat producer.

“We’re looking closely at that issue,” Biden said when asked if he could retaliate against Russia.

When asked if he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin was testing him, Biden said no.

JBS, one of the world's largest international meat processors, was hacked Sunday, the company said in a statement, forcing it to take systems offline and stop work, which is now raising concerns about future shortages or supply disruptions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-says-looking-closely-retaliation-194200160.html

3 replies, 494 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden says he is 'looking closely' at retaliation over Russian-linked cyberattack (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jun 2 OP
FoxNewsSucks Jun 2 #1
WA-03 Democrat Jun 2 #2
C_U_L8R Jun 2 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:56 PM

1. This is why I'm glad we again have a president

who is NOT Putin's puppet

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 09:36 PM

2. JBS is based in Brazil and is one of the 4 largest

meat processors in NA. Putin's buddy in Brazil would make this just a shock to this to the supply to foster increased prices of food. The systems in the US seem to be the only ones hacked. It was not a test it was an attack.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 10:14 PM

3. May I suggest one of those space lasers we hear so much about.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread