HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Guard Charged With Assaul...

Thu May 19, 2016, 11:31 PM

Guard Charged With Assault After Confronting Transgender Woman Using Women's Restroom, Police Say

D.C. police have charged a security guard at a Giant grocery store with simple assault after a transgender woman said the guard forced her out of the women's restroom.

Ebony Belcher, 32, said she went to the Giant in northeast D.C. with a friend to pick up a delivery from the Western Union.

While at the Giant, she asked a store employee to point her to the restroom and passed a female security officer standing in the hallway.

The officer came into the restroom and told her to get out, according to Belcher.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Guard-Charged-with-Assault-After-Confronting-Transgender-Woman-Using-Womens-Restroom-380010941.html?utm_content=buffera3b6d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2 replies, 1031 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Guard Charged With Assault After Confronting Transgender Woman Using Women's Restroom, Police Say (Original post)
icymist May 2016 OP
Stryst May 2016 #1
Scruffy Rumbler May 2016 #2

Response to icymist (Original post)

Fri May 20, 2016, 12:21 AM

1. The comment board for the source story is absolutly choice.

I studied anthropology in college, and I know that I'm not supposed to think of any culture as "better" or "worse" than any other, but I think some subsets of our culture are pretty disgusting. Being queer in Florida isn't great, but all love for the family in some of the shittier pockets of America.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stryst (Reply #1)

Fri May 20, 2016, 03:49 AM

2. never read the comments!

Damn.... I did. I am surprised when I am still shocked by the outright ignorance, hatred and fear so many people have.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread