HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Russian mayor declares hi...

Fri Mar 10, 2017, 09:13 PM

Russian mayor declares his town a 'gay-free zone' and expels LGBT activists trying to gain entry

Russian mayor declares his town a 'gay-free zone' and expels LGBT activists trying to gain entry
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4300638/Russian-mayor-declares-town-gay-free-zone.html

A Russian mayor has declared his town - bordering the European Union - a 'gay-free zone' with officials in other districts close to Vladimir Putin's home city of St Petersburg enthusiastically following suit.

'They won't get here, even from the West,' boasted Sergey Davydov, who runs Svetogorsk, which is on the frontier with Finland.

His prejudiced stance has led to online ridicule from critics, with the former military commissar being branded a 'clown' and an 'idiot' for supposing he has no homosexual people among a population of 15,000.

More of Russia being Russia.

2 replies, 1205 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Russian mayor declares his town a 'gay-free zone' and expels LGBT activists trying to gain entry (Original post)
Odoreida Mar 2017 OP
CurtEastPoint Mar 2017 #1
Initech Mar 2017 #2

Response to Odoreida (Original post)

Fri Mar 10, 2017, 09:46 PM

1. He is said to have put in the ban when a local bakery sold penis-shaped lollipops

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Odoreida (Original post)

Sat Mar 11, 2017, 12:26 AM

2. Yeah because when I think of vacation destinations, Svetogorsk is usually first on my list!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread