HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Conservative Christians d...

Tue Jan 22, 2019, 05:39 AM

Conservative Christians decry Parents magazine over gay couple on cover

A conservative Christian group has branded an American parenting magazine as “pro-homosexual,” after it featured a gay couple on its front cover.

US publication Parents posted a photo of its latest front cover on Twitter on January 4, featuring a same-sex couple for the first time since it was established in 1926.

It shows fitness motivational speaker Shaun T and his husband Scott Blokker with their twins.

Parents puts same-sex couple on front cover for first time

“Fitness pro @ShaunT and his adorable family star on our February cover, our first-ever to feature same-sex parents. ❤️❤️❤️,” Parents wrote on Twitter.

The magazine included a link to an article about the couple’s “incredible surrogacy story.”

more...

2 replies, 863 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Conservative Christians decry Parents magazine over gay couple on cover (Original post)
Behind the Aegis Jan 2019 OP
CaptYossarian Jan 2019 #1
irisblue Jan 2019 #2

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Tue Jan 22, 2019, 08:01 AM

1. My mom used to subscribe to Parents.

They had movie reviews based on which ones were appropriate for families. Those reviews told me which movies I "wanted" to see.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Tue Jan 22, 2019, 09:08 AM

2. Mom got that magazine in the 60s

Didn't they also have age based general knowledge quizzes? I remember doing those quizzes with my mom.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread