HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Bullies tormented a gay s...

Sat Oct 5, 2019, 04:17 AM

Bullies tormented a gay student & then raped him. His mom says the school covered it up.

The mother of a gay teen in Morgantown, West Virginia, is suing the Monongalia County Board of Education and several other individuals associated with a youth program for allegedly ignoring homophobic abuse that eventually her son getting raped.

The unnamed parent is suing the board, a teacher, and the executive director of the youth program over allegations that they failed to “take reasonable preventative or remedial measures” that would’ve stopped the abuse before it lead to her son’s sexual assault.

WVnews.com reports that the mother told the program’s executive director of her son’s homophobic bullying back in February 2017. Afterwards, the school principal contacted the accused students and their parents to discuss the bullying and its homophobic aspects.

One of the bullies allegedly raped the gay student in the spring of 2017, and the rape survivor then told a teacher about it seven months later. He also said that the rapist was going to out him to other students.

more...

1 replies, 972 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bullies tormented a gay student & then raped him. His mom says the school covered it up. (Original post)
Behind the Aegis Oct 2019 OP
PupCamo Oct 2019 #1

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Mon Oct 7, 2019, 07:13 PM

1. this is my neck of the woods and I'm pissed off

heads need to roll!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread