HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » America's first trans sta...

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 12:30 AM

America's first trans state senator was just sworn in & the ceremony was beautiful

The country’s first transgender state senator was just sworn into office, making her the highest-ranking transgender elected official in U.S. history.

“I’ll take my oath today on my childhood bible, given to me when I was 8 at Westminster Presbyterian Church, where I still attend today,” said Delaware Sen. Sarah McBride (D) in a tweet. “You get to pick whatever you’d like to swear in on and this is what I’ve chosen!”

In a tweet thread, McBride described the socially-distanced swearing-in ceremony held outside Wilmington’s Claymont Community Center.

She wrote that she was sworn in wearing her wedding ring. Her husband passed away in 2014 due to cancer.

more...

1 replies, 798 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply America's first trans state senator was just sworn in & the ceremony was beautiful (Original post)
Behind the Aegis Jan 2021 OP
Crash2Parties Jan 2021 #1

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Sat Jan 16, 2021, 05:58 PM

1. Given her connections & history, I have a feeling

....she's going to be a visible & hopefully effective part of the Dem Party for many years to come.
We NEED more young people and we need more diversity, too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread