HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Progressive activist apol...

Fri Jul 16, 2021, 03:03 PM

Progressive activist apologizes after calling gay city councilor a "hissy b***h"

A Michigan activist has apologized after calling a gay city councilor a “hissy bitch” during an online talk show. It isn’t the first time he’s been involved in a back-and-forth with a councilor, but the last time the shoe was on the other foot.

Michael Lynn Jr., the co-leader of the Lansing Black Lives Matter group, filed a complaint with the city’s Board of Ethics after councilor Brandon Betz called Lynn a “dickbag troll” and a “weak ass bitch.”

Lansing City Council President Peter Spadafore accepted Lynn’s apology, but expressed his disappointment to local news.

“It’s a shame that in 2021 members of the LGBTQ community still face these kinds of attacks, especially from someone who purports themselves as a community leader,” Spadafore said. “I’ve heard every homophobic insult in the book and I can certainly take it, but far too many youth take their lives as part of this pattern of toxic masculinity. This type of vitriol is clearly offensive.”

more...

2 replies, 718 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Progressive activist apologizes after calling gay city councilor a "hissy b***h" (Original post)
Behind the Aegis Jul 2021 OP
Budi Jul 2021 #1
Passenger Jul 2021 #2

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Fri Jul 16, 2021, 03:08 PM

1. Holee fk. Apologies aren't enough. Just go away.

You can't take that stink off your fake progressive name.
This Is NOT Progressive btw.

Snake always reveal themselves.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Budi (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 20, 2021, 12:03 PM

2. I'm a hissy b*tch myself, and ...

... you sir are no hissy b*tch.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread