HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Bi man ordered to pay ex-...

Tue Aug 3, 2021, 10:56 PM

Bi man ordered to pay ex-wife "emotional damages" for coming out... but that got overturned

A judge has overturned a ruling that would have forced a bisexual man in Spain to pay his ex-wife for emotional damages – even though they divorced over a decade ago.

Javier Vilalta’s former spouse sued after she found out he had sex with a man before they were married. She accused him of “hiding his homosexuality” and won a monetary judgment for €10,000 for each year they were married.

The ex-wife also wanted the marriage annulled, saying he used her “as a social refuge” despite his protestations to the court that “I wasn’t gay at that time. I had had a brief homosexual experience.”

“Even if we admit that Javier was in a relationship with a man in the past, in any case, there is no reason why a bisexual person cannot have a happy marriage,” his attorney told the court.

more...

What the actual fuck?! Thank goodness it was overturned. What a bizarre story.

1 replies, 472 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bi man ordered to pay ex-wife "emotional damages" for coming out... but that got overturned (Original post)
Behind the Aegis Aug 3 OP
Hugh_Lebowski Aug 3 #1

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Tue Aug 3, 2021, 11:14 PM

1. These sorts of stories are confusing for me in terms of what I should feel ...

I'm happy to learn the proper response is a simple 'wtaf, bizarre?!'

Thus not intimating whether, in one's own opinion, one side or the other is in the wrong.

Putting this lesson in my toolkit for sure

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread