HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Netflix, Streaming Videos & DVDs (Group) » I'm paying $24.99 every t...

Mon Sep 5, 2016, 08:46 PM

I'm paying $24.99 every time I turn around now. Latest is season 4 of Bates motel

I got stuck on these shows and now I can't find them on the pay networks I belong to. I pay for Netflix, only goes up to season 3, Amazon video is a joke

Someone told me about a free sharing site but I don't know the first thing about how to use it.

Anyone in the same situation? I fear I'll end up paying as much for no cable as I did for cable!

9 replies, 1880 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm paying $24.99 every time I turn around now. Latest is season 4 of Bates motel (Original post)
Maraya1969 Sep 2016 OP
Revanchist Sep 2016 #1
Maraya1969 Sep 2016 #2
Make7 Sep 2016 #3
Maraya1969 Sep 2016 #4
ginnyinWI Sep 2016 #5
getting old in mke May 2017 #7
Demsrule86 May 2017 #6
yellowdogintexas Jul 2017 #8
Maraya1969 Jul 2017 #9

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)

Mon Sep 5, 2016, 09:01 PM

1. You need to be patient

Netflix normally doesn't get a season of an ongoing series until close to the new season is set to begin. So Netflix should get season four in the beginning of next year probably January or February if you want to watch it as part of your subscription you have to wait.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Revanchist (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 5, 2016, 09:15 PM

2. Oh. I waited to watch Season 3! I just watched it. But there are plenty of other things for me to

watch. Thanks for the info.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 5, 2016, 09:16 PM

3. I'm wondering if Sling TV is worth the cost to get the few channels' recent offerings I'm interested in.

https://www.sling.com/

Looks like it'd be $25 a month to get the channels I want. I wish it was more of an la carte service.

Are any DUers using Sling TV? If so, do you like it?

Reply to this post

Response to Make7 (Reply #3)

Mon Sep 5, 2016, 09:43 PM

4. It looks like cable. I'm afraid of it. Is it cable? I hope not.

Reply to this post

Response to Make7 (Reply #3)

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:31 PM

7. I use Sling

There are a couple of offerings. We have the one with CNN, ESPN, Turner-things, Food and Travel networks and a number of others. About 20-25 in total. Occasionally, they also have periods of times when they are trying to lure you into a larger commitment by offering something like Starz channels for a few weeks.

Generally, each of the channels has a number of back episodes, a variety of movies, etc. Fairly Hulu like but with live access, too. They also have direct access to on-demand movies, but I haven't seen anything there that isn't availble, and potentially costs less, on things like Netflix or Amazon.

A lot of times they, too, only have a certain number of back episodes for the series, so we also have Play-on, a digital DVR. I don't know what that costs now--I bought a lifetime subscription when they were first starting, so it was really cheap, then.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 08:41 AM

6. Sling TV is your answer way cheaper than cable it streams and they have or are about to have

cloud DVR...playstation tv is pretty good...again way cheaper than cable. Although I got a killer deal from Spectrum to come back.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 16, 2017, 05:53 PM

8. HULU??? If you do not have HULU, get a friend to let you explore it

on their TV or device. Look up the stuff you are interested in. HULU has a bunch of stuff no one else is offering, including current stuff like last week's episode of Gray's Anatomy for example. HULU has exclusives on The Strain, Fargo, and other FX series. (not Justified but it is Amazon Prime anyway) They have also gotten into the exclusive series thing in a big way: Handmaid's Tale, The Path and others.

Take the cheap version; the commercials are not like regular TV

Reply to this post

Response to yellowdogintexas (Reply #8)

Sun Jul 16, 2017, 08:23 PM

9. I have HULU and I've watched "The path" but I'll check it out some more

I started "Handmaid's Tale" but it was too depressing.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread