HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » Sometimes, you just gotta...

Fri Oct 9, 2020, 10:45 AM

Sometimes, you just gotta touch a toe

It's been tough week in this world. Dealing with some family issues. Kinda fell off the wagon, Not kinda. Prolly with a loud thud off the wagon. Not MrsK and LlBit family, for clarification. But my original family, who I have not spoken with for quite some time.

Long story short, My Mom and 1 brother started some emails to me about 3 months ago. Typical, Love you ,accept who you are,blah blah. will talk to you anytime. They know my diagnoses of major depression and my life of alcohol. I believed the emails and called my mother yesterday, took her less than 3 mins to hang up on me. So I know that the emails were false,, I was angry,hurt,and all. More so at myself that I believed the email BS and called her. And I had some drinks,

Mrs K and LilBit were listening and taking the brunt of my anger and pain. At one point I looked at MrsK and said "what do I gotta do?" She simply said, "touch my toe"

I said "huh??" And then she explained that when we first met many years ago, I had told her this, which I had forgotten,

"You told me that you will not always say the words I love you, but when you bring me a cup of coffee, you just said it. But , the one thing you said , you wanted to be asleep beside me and just touch my toe, every night with yours while we slept."

And just now Mrs K went to get her hair done, and stopped looked at me and said,, "We are here, we got you, you will touch my toe tonight."

God I love that woman.

Koz

5 replies, 1171 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sometimes, you just gotta touch a toe (Original post)
kozar Oct 2020 OP
irisblue Oct 2020 #1
dewsgirl Oct 2020 #2
crud Oct 2020 #3
Stuart G Oct 2020 #4
CaptainTruth Oct 2020 #5

Response to kozar (Original post)

Fri Oct 9, 2020, 10:48 AM

1. 💞💞💓💓💞💞

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Oct 9, 2020, 11:01 AM

2. I'm sorry you're having a hard time, and I hope things get better.

That is one of the sweetest stories I've read in ages.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 9, 2020, 11:14 AM

3. Hold on to the love

Don't let it go.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 9, 2020, 12:32 PM

4. Please hang in there...We need you to be here..Wonderful Story..

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 9, 2020, 01:08 PM

5. It really helps to have people around you who love you. Hold on to that.

And any time you have a setback, tell yourself you'll do better tomorrow. Even if it's just a little better, you'll be moving in the right direction.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread