HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Smoking Cessation (Group) » What worked?

Fri May 18, 2012, 02:50 PM

What worked?

Last edited Mon Apr 29, 2013, 04:15 PM - Edit history (1)

After being a smoker for 40 years and giving it up unsuccessfully dozens of times i thought i'd never kick the habit, then a couple of incidents happened together that finally came together to make success possible.
1. i was starting to have difficulty breathing
2. i was having a continual burning sensation in the mouth that was so severe i couldnt smoke an entire cigarette.
3.Cigarettes finally went up to $10 a pack here in Montreal.
I stopped as soon as the sales lady asked for the $10, was tough but i used 4mg Nicorette lozenges for the first 6 months before finally giving those up as well.
its been 3 years since i smoked that last cigarette and boy do i never ever want to have that monkey on my back ever again.
So from my perspective now giving up smoking is easy,just dont smoke any more and you are home free..

2 replies, 2188 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What worked? (Original post)
jambo101 May 2012 OP
angel.venea Jun 2012 #1
jambo101 Apr 2013 #2

Response to jambo101 (Original post)

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 03:59 PM

1. Spam deleted by cyberswede (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to angel.venea (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 29, 2013, 04:12 PM

2. What spam?

When a post is edited or deleted it would be nice to be notified of what the offending infraction was,as several times over the past year on a few other forums i've been accused and warned about posting spam and i have no idea what the mod was referring to as spam.
If any spam was posted it certainly wasnt intentional, my only concern was to give people more options to help in their quest to give up smoking.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread