HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Coffee recommendation, Do...

Tue Mar 9, 2021, 12:40 PM

Coffee recommendation, Dominican Republic Red Honey Processed

I'm somewhat finicky when it comes to coffee, but this one I've found to be quite nice. I'm currently brewing it with an aeropress at 200F water temp.
https://redbirdcoffee.com/collections/featured-coffees/products/copy-of-guatemala-huehuetenango-catuai-honey

Redbird coffee ships within a day of roasting so it's perfect by the time you get it. They do charge shipping, so I order 2 pounds at a time and stick one in the freezer. Others I like from them are Redbird Espresso, Holiday Blend, and Costa Rica La Magnolia.

2 replies, 661 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Coffee recommendation, Dominican Republic Red Honey Processed (Original post)
Major Nikon Mar 2021 OP
brush Mar 2021 #1
Major Nikon Mar 2021 #2

Response to Major Nikon (Original post)

Tue Mar 9, 2021, 02:34 PM

1. Sounds good. Have you had Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica?

It's the only coffee I had that tastes how brewing coffee smells.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brush (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 9, 2021, 04:24 PM

2. I have, but I generally don't order it

There are other coffees I like as well or better that aren't as expensive. For my tastes, there's basically 4 factors that influence how whole bean coffee is going to taste:

1) Farm the coffee comes from
2) Method of processing
3) Method of roasting
4) Time since roasting

Even within the same country of origin, different altitudes where the coffee is grown will produce different tastes. For darker roasts, origin matters less. #4 is quite important to me. I just don't buy coffee unless I know it's been roasted at least within a week.

I usually prefer mid to high altitude coffees with a medium roast.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread