HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Restaurant-Style Huevos R...

Thu May 27, 2021, 11:37 AM

Restaurant-Style Huevos Rancheros Recipe

We've been delving into some Mexican and Tex Mex recently, so this week we decided to use the carnitas we made last week and add it to some delicious Huevos Rancheros! The real trick to a good huevos rancheros is the ranchera sauce, which is basically a sofrito (as we made for the Mexican rice and similar to what we did for the pepian). It's a simple and delicious flavour profile, and if you wanted to garnish this with a little bit of pico, that would also be excellent.

Crispy corn tortillas is really awesome part of this recipe, and we made our own. We made our homemade corn tortillas, then fried them in oil until they got all puffed-up and crispy, and they worked extremely well. If you don't want to go through the trouble, you can either fry store-bought corn tortillas, or you can buy already crispy tortillas for this.

2 replies, 455 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Restaurant-Style Huevos Rancheros Recipe (Original post)
Saviolo May 27 OP
mitch96 May 27 #1
Claire Oh Nette May 27 #2

Response to Saviolo (Original post)

Thu May 27, 2021, 12:57 PM

1. I've been having a love affair with HR's cousin.. Chilaquiles..I'm fortunate that a local

restaurant sells fresh corn tortillas. Saves me the from breaking out the "tortilladora". You are right though.. fresh off the griddle is the BEST!
m

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mitch96 (Reply #1)

Thu May 27, 2021, 02:18 PM

2. Chilaquilles...mmmmmm

The thing I miss most about moving from California to the WNC?
Quality Mexican breakfast treats! Eas to find good tacos, but hard to find good juevos....

Mary's Burrito's in Arden and Hendersonville.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread