HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Turmeric coffee

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:01 AM

Turmeric coffee

Trying the Starbucks Turmeric blend.
It’s not bad! I found it at reduced price, and since I like to get most of my vitamins and minerals from good food, this is a win win!

Pretty sure I can just sprinkle some in the grind when I brew...so won’t have to splurge to get the benefits of the turmeric. I often sprinkle cinnamon in the brew basket for a twist on the coffee flavor. I do not like the “syrups” used for this.

2 replies, 555 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Turmeric coffee (Original post)
Wawannabe Jan 2021 OP
Siwsan Jan 2021 #1
mitch96 Jan 2021 #2

Response to Wawannabe (Original post)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:20 AM

1. I take turmeric every day. Never thought of it being in a coffee!

I'm convinced my daily dosing is what made my case of Shingles relatively mild. The rash and blisters were sparse and I ended up with no scarring. Even the neuropathy faded quickly.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Wawannabe (Original post)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:38 AM

2. "I like to get most of my vitamins and minerals from good food" Thats the best way IMHO...

Every extra step or process dilutes the effectiveness of the food.. Go to the source. I like to grind fresh Turmeric and ginger on my salads, rice and beans.. You have to watch out cause it can get a bit "earthy" if you use too much.. Fresh turmeric works really well in Currys...
m

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread