HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Sunday, 10am and I'm cook...

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:16 AM

Sunday, 10am and I'm cooking chicken. Not for me - for Sophie Stinky Toes

She's a rescue who came from a pretty dire situation. She was lucky just to be fed. For YEARS she wouldn't touch anything but cat food. I could leave a plate of my dinner on the FLOOR and she wouldn't come near it. Then she discovered tuna fish, but that was her limit. I swear, she can sense when I even think about opening a can of tuna.

Then about a year ago, or so, I tried giving her a little shredded chicken and now it's second, only to tuna, on her food request list.

She's getting up there, in years, and is kind of losing her taste for dry food. I think giving her treats of chicken, along with the occasional tuna to supplement her diet won't do her any real harm.

7 replies, 810 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sunday, 10am and I'm cooking chicken. Not for me - for Sophie Stinky Toes (Original post)
Siwsan Apr 11 OP
niyad Apr 11 #1
Siwsan Apr 11 #2
niyad Apr 11 #5
Freddie Apr 11 #3
Siwsan Apr 11 #4
choie Apr 11 #6
George McGovern Apr 12 #7

Response to Siwsan (Original post)

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:33 AM

1. You are a very good pet parent. Of course you are cooking chicken for your girl. My little rescue

had a territory that included five restaurants. He has a very sophisticated palate. Absolutely loves chicken and turkey., yoghurt, pasta, marinara sauce, cream sauces, mango sorbet. . .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to niyad (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:42 AM

2. I just cooled and shredded some for her, looked around and no Sophie in sight

Then I found her, curled up on my bed, taking a cat nap. To be fair, she had a busy night making sure I was still breathing. I figure that's why she kept headbutting me, every couple of hours.

Reply to this post

Response to Siwsan (Reply #2)

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:55 AM

5. Such a thoughtful little girl!

The deli at my market has cooked, shredded chicken. And turkey breast. Very handy if I don't feel like cooking.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:45 AM

3. When you don't feel like cooking for her, try baby food meat varieties

The kind with just meat and broth. Even sick cats will usually eat this. I discovered this when my baby daughter (she’s now 34) refused to eat it and my orange tabby, Fred, would get downright pushy trying to lick it off the spoon. He wasn’t happy til I let him finish the jar.

Reply to this post

Response to Freddie (Reply #3)

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:48 AM

4. I'll have to try that. Thanks!

If she goes totally off of dry food, it will get eaten by the Ferals I've been feeding.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 11, 2021, 11:46 PM

6. I gotta ask...

Why is she named “Sophie Stinky Toes”?!

Reply to this post

Response to choie (Reply #6)

Mon Apr 12, 2021, 10:30 PM

7. Yes, Siwsan -- why? Thanks!

Reply to this post