HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Cats are more than a song...

Sun May 2, 2021, 07:10 PM

Cats are more than a song and dance

For example, there was a time when I swore Iíd never allow another cat to live in the house. Then on my wifeís birthday in 2007, we brought home two from the shelter. Later, for reasons I can no longer recall, we added a third and a fourth.

I know a lot of people probably lost respect for me after that last statement, but we are cat people around here. That means weíre used to being walked on, literally.

Catís see the people sharing their domicile as a combination of servant, provider, furniture and shortcut to where they are going. Iíve seen them leap from a running start four feet into the air and land daintily on a surface two feet square. But they never gently set down when they leap upon my in my recliner. Why go for a soft landing when a thud will do?

History tells us the feline domesticus has been around for centuries. The serpent in the Garden may have convinced eve to eat the fruit, but the house cat will talk you into giving it a bit of whatever you are eating just to keep the peace.

Read more: https://www.athensreview.com/opinion/cats-are-more-than-a-song-and-dance/article_f9541ee2-aa00-11eb-82d4-7f53edba22b0.html

1 replies, 636 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cats are more than a song and dance (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2 OP
rurallib May 2 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun May 2, 2021, 08:54 PM

1. "Why go for a soft landing when a thud will do?"

That pretty well sums them up.

That new cat in the White House will land on the President in the middle of some important meeting for sure.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread