HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » The U.S. Capitol Police A...

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 08:07 PM

The U.S. Capitol Police Are Adding An Emotional Support Dog To The Force

Two-year-old Lila, a black Labrador retriever, will serve as the department's full-time emotional support animal.

"We are thrilled to welcome the newest member of our Department!" the announcement said.

Lila joins the force several months after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol. The chaos of that day left more than 100 officers injured.

Officers have reported stress, anxiety and other emotional issues following the insurrection. They've also complained of not having enough support from the department as well as lawmakers they protect.

USCP Officer Brian Sicknick died the day after the Jan. 6 riot from natural causes after suffering strokes. Two other officers, one from the Capitol Police and another from the D.C. police, died by suicide days after.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/10/1004996551/the-u-s-capitol-police-are-adding-an-emotional-support-dog-to-the-force

2 replies, 577 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The U.S. Capitol Police Are Adding An Emotional Support Dog To The Force (Original post)
Diamond_Dog Jun 11 OP
I_UndergroundPanther Jun 11 #1
BigmanPigman Jun 11 #2

Response to Diamond_Dog (Original post)

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 11:11 PM

1. Othello is my emotional support cat

I dunno what I would do without him in a crisis. And yeah when I go out he goes with me a lot of the time in his catsack.

Emotional support animals really do help.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Diamond_Dog (Original post)

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 11:17 PM

2. I think they may need more than one dog.

Personally, for me every dog is an emotional support dog. One warm kiss from a dog is a miracle cure.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread