HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Arts & Humanities » Languages and Linguistics (Group) » New emotion recognition m...

Sun Apr 12, 2015, 04:17 PM

New emotion recognition model: Humans perceive feelings of others via pattern recognition

New emotion recognition model: Humans perceive feelings of others via pattern recognition

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/sciencedaily/strange_science/~3/xvePruZ5_5I/150408085902.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Philosophers have put forward a new model that explains how humans recognize the emotions of others. According to their theory, humans are capable of perceiving feelings directly via pattern recognition. They do not have to deduce feelings by interpreting other people’s behavior.

1 replies, 1807 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply New emotion recognition model: Humans perceive feelings of others via pattern recognition (Original post)
Panich52 Apr 2015 OP
OldEurope Jun 2015 #1

Response to Panich52 (Original post)

Wed Jun 24, 2015, 11:38 AM

1. Really?

They do not have to deduce feelings by interpreting other people’s behavior.
OTOH:
An emotion is a pattern of typical features. Humans are able to perceive typical emotion patterns even if the clues are sparse.

So, how is recognizing a pattern with only some clues different from interpreting behaviour? Aren't the clues exactly those parts of behavior that can be interpreted?

Or, maybe, it's just my lousy understanding for science lingo.

Will look for more information in German.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread