HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Civil Liberties (Group) » Missouri attorney general...

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 09:17 AM

Missouri attorney general accused of malpractice for fighting Kevin Strickland's release

After 43 years behind bars for a crime he didn’t commit, Kevin Strickland was finally exonerated on Tuesday. But his hard-fought freedom came despite months of objections and delays from Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt.

Schmitt's handling of the case amounted to "prosecutorial malpractice," Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said on Wednesday.

“I'm hot about that because it's a misunderstanding of the very basics — prosecutor 101,” Baker told KCUR’s Up To Date.

Judge James Welsh exonerated and ordered Strickland, 62, released from the Western Missouri Correctional Center on Tuesday.

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/government-politics-issues/2021-11-26/missouri-attorney-general-accused-of-malpractice-for-fighting-kevin-stricklands-release

2 replies, 1106 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Missouri attorney general accused of malpractice for fighting Kevin Strickland's release (Original post)
Sherman A1 Nov 2021 OP
Tomconroy Nov 2021 #1
discntnt_irny_srcsm Nov 2021 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 09:19 AM

1. Worth while to file a grievance, I would think.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 12:23 PM

2. Several Law Schools...

...incorporate the Latin word, Veritas. The translation of this linguistic foundation is "truth". Judicial officers, lawyers, criminal and civil procedure, laws and especially all aspects of prosecution must discover and preserve truth. Anything less is betrayal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread