HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control & RKBA (Group) » Support of gun control ju...

Tue Nov 23, 2021, 10:58 AM

Support of gun control just hit its lowest point in a decade

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/politics/gun-control-gallup-poll/index.html

Just 52% of Americans polled now say that the "laws covering the sales of firearms" should be stricter than they currently are, the lowest number that Gallup has measured on the question since 2014.

Lots of us gun humpers out there.

5 replies, 1521 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Support of gun control just hit its lowest point in a decade (Original post)
The Mouth Nov 23 OP
walkingman Nov 23 #1
discntnt_irny_srcsm Nov 23 #2
AndyS Nov 27 #3
PTWB Dec 19 #4
The Mouth Dec 20 #5

Response to The Mouth (Original post)

Tue Nov 23, 2021, 11:25 AM

1. I'm a gun owner and support gun control. I think the more people that have guns

and especially open and concealed carry, the more fear people have and therefore think they need a gun also? FEAR...that is the factor that continues to control our society and it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Also, according to the article - "Changes in the party occupying the White House may also influence preferences for gun laws. Generally, the public favors stricter laws when Republicans are in office and less strict laws when Democrats are." An example of our tribal politics once again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 23, 2021, 04:15 PM

2. Well, support for more restrictions is maybe at a low.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 10:38 AM

3. Yeah, and a whopping 9% think we should loosen existing laws.

Gunners get a hardon over the slightest of 'good news' for gunz.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 19, 2021, 04:32 PM

4. I'm a gun owner and support common sense gun control.

What I don't support are gun grabbers and arbitrary, ineffective, and antiquated gun laws that burden gun owners and don't protect the public from gun crime.

We could pass Universal Background Checks, Safe Storage Laws, and Minimum Standards for Concealed Carry licenses. We could do it in this political climate, with the support of gun owners, if only we actually tried to negotiate instead of demand.

Reply to this post

Response to PTWB (Reply #4)

Mon Dec 20, 2021, 08:41 PM

5. Well said.

Most gun owners have no problem with any of that. I would not mind having to demonstrate proficiency including safe handling, every 5 or 10 years. Even if I, and many, consider it a right, rights come with responsibilities. I speak as one who had a father who carried long after he should have....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread