HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Veterans (Group) » Can someone help this per...

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 03:56 AM

Can someone help this person...

It was suggested I try posting this here. If not appropriate a deletion wouldn't be taken personally. Flea ......

Need Help


My name is David Anthony Catania.
I am from Hammond, Louisiana.
I joined the Army June 2, 1969 and served through February 4, 1972.
I went to basic training at Fort Polk, LA.
I went to AIT at Redstone Arsenal, AL & Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
My MOS was 34G20 Radar Repairman.
My serial number is RA 15903812.
I was sent to serve to the 78th LEM Panzer Kaserne Boeblingen Germany.

NONE of my military records reflect my boot on the ground in Vietnam.

I need a buddy letter placing me at 147th LEM Long Binh for 60 days.

I hope you can help.

If not, please tell me the name of the First Sergeant and Company Commander so I can ask them for documentation.

Thanking you in advance.

David Catania
985-778-5025 (cell)

4 replies, 1719 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Can someone help this person... (Original post)
fleabiscuit Feb 2020 OP
KY_EnviroGuy Feb 2020 #1
3Hotdogs Feb 2020 #2
douglas9 Feb 2020 #3
DashOneBravo Feb 2020 #4

Response to fleabiscuit (Original post)

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 06:20 AM

1. Here's an instructional I found on Military.com

Rebuilding Service Records

Link: https://www.military.com/benefits/records-and-forms/rebuilding-service-records.html

Are you a veteran who does not have copies of your military records? If you learn that your records have been lost there is a way to reconstruct them through alternate sources of military service data.

Alternate Sources of Military Service Data

When veterans don't have copies of their military records and their files may have been lost in the fire at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis fire in 1973, information about their military service may be available from a number of other sources.

I have no experience with this issue but perhaps that site could give him a good start.


Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to fleabiscuit (Original post)

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 08:23 AM

2. Go to his nearest American Legion or VFW post.

There are frequent requests for people who served to contact their mates.

Legion also has veteran assistance people for such information.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to fleabiscuit (Original post)

Mon Feb 24, 2020, 07:07 PM

4. Good luck

I just figured out what a buddy claim meant.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread