HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Reading & Writing » Non-Fiction (Group) » Jesus and John Wayne: How...

Fri May 14, 2021, 11:41 AM

Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation.

JESUS AND JOHN WAYNE: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation, by Kristin Kobes du Mez

"It is impossible to do justice to the richness of “Jesus and John Wayne” in a short review, but one of the key points the book stresses is that as Christian nationalists, the vast majority of white evangelicals believe that our country’s flourishing depends on aggressive male leadership. The pervasive abusive patterns of white evangelical subculture replicate themselves on a large social scale in the Christian Right’s politics. Since understanding this will be crucial if Americans are to have a functional democratic future, “Jesus and John Wayne” is a book that America needs now. I hope it will be widely read."https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/17/arts/jesus-john-wayne-untangles-gender-messages-white-evangelical-circles/

2 replies, 2416 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation. (Original post)
Goonch May 14 OP
Biophilic May 14 #1
AZ8theist May 15 #2

Response to Goonch (Original post)

Fri May 14, 2021, 11:58 AM

1. That may be one of the most appalling pictures I've ever seen. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Biophilic (Reply #1)

Sat May 15, 2021, 08:07 AM

2. Agreed, it is ridiculous, but somewhat inaccurate...

Hey-soos would be holding a flat Earth, not a round one.
Nearly ALL of the flat Earthers on Youtube are also religious fundamentalists and as an added bonus, anti-vaxxers.
Some stupid belief in the BuyBull version of a supposed "dome" above the Earth, or some such nonsense.
Fortunately, they've been debunked so many times over the past 2 years that their internet traffic has receded to the point of almost non-existence.
We can thank an army of flat Earth debunkers for this. I won't mention names, but we know how they are...and some of us also contribute to their channels.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread