HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Automobile Enthusiasts (Group) » Update on Squirrels nesti...

Sat Feb 22, 2020, 06:40 PM

Update on Squirrels nesting in wife's Nissan Rouge engine compartment

A week ago I added an OP regarding squirrels nesting in my wife's Nissan Rouge and leaving a trail of destruction (about $3K) behind as they chewed on wires, hoses and the washer fluid reservoir. Some good ideas were posted to my call for assistance and they were appreciated but I found some great advice on this webpage so I am passing it along for those who might be having similar experiences.

https://www.wildlifehotline.com/welcome/mammals/raccoons/evicting-raccoons/

I have followed the advice given and so far Operation Squirrel Buster seems to be effective.

2 replies, 1362 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Update on Squirrels nesting in wife's Nissan Rouge engine compartment (Original post)
Sherman A1 Feb 2020 OP
doc03 Feb 2020 #1
stuntgirl56 Oct 2020 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Sat Feb 22, 2020, 08:08 PM

1. I had that problem with mice but it was

only a lawn tractor not so expensive.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 10:14 PM

2. squirrels a feastin'

I had the same problem on my HHR. I tried all the humane things, peppermint, leaving the hood open-(they do not like light), glue traps that they pooped in and left, moving the car to different locations around the property-(they always found it). Eventually, I bought a rat trap, Boom! 1 rat, done. I thought it was a whole herd of them, but it was one rubber and plastic eating rat. You are correct about the soy in Japanese cars rubber and plastic components that attracts them, not sure why, but there it is. I have bird feeders that turn into rat feeders at night. Just a note. stuntgirl56

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread