HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Travel (Group) » How Soon After Receiving ...

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:06 AM

How Soon After Receiving the Vaccine Can You Travel?

It's doubtful that "safe' travel is going to happen anytime soon. I'm thinking travel plans to Europe will have to be postponed until 2022.


https://www.frommers.com/tips/health-and-travel-insurance/how-soon-after-receiving-the-vaccine-can-you-travel

6 replies, 585 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Callalily (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:11 AM

1. Personally, I wouldn't travel anywhere right now.

But thatís just me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Callalily (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:38 AM

2. i wont go anywhere not even out to eat til I see the stats tic down dramatically

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Callalily (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:44 AM

3. I believe antibodies are fully in effect, two weeks after second shot. BUT

Vaccine is 95% effective. That leaves 5% and if you are one of the unlucky five...

Plus, you may be good to go, but you can still infect others even though you are home free.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Callalily (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:09 AM

4. I will receive my second Pfizer injection on Saturday, and I already

presumably have some protective antibodies from my recent bout with covid. I have no intention of traveling or in any way modifying my current habits, which entail complete self isolation with the exception of work and only the most essential infrequent shopping, while the virus is still circulating in the community. As another poster has said, 95% immunity for those vaccinated still means that 1 out of 20 are at a level of risk comparable to the unvaccinated. Despite my relief in being vaccinated and generally feeling that I am much safer, I cannot assume I am not going to be among the unlucky 1 in 20 and will not tempt fate. Having covid was no fun the first time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Tanuki (Reply #4)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:33 AM

5. Yep, it ain't over till its over.

My county is allocated 200 doses a week.....That about covers the people administrating the program and their friends and family.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Callalily (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:45 AM

6. I read the other day that it takes 2 weeks AFTER the 2nd shot before you are immune.

I've just gotten over CV19 so have natural antibodies now for a short time. Of course it's cold and we aren't cold weather fans, so we plan on traveling in March if we can and hopefully I can get vaccinated a couple of weeks before that. Right now in FL getting a vaccine is almost undoable, lines are 8 hours long, places have run out after a few hours, it's just a total nightmare. I'm hoping Biden will regularize this so us old folks can get the shot(s) we need.

The whole family (5) got Covid and me being the oldest had it by far the worst, so there's definitely a difference and us old folks need the shot NOW, for the most part. of course, here in FL we have DeathSentence who is trying to kill us so I really hope Biden federalizes this and reich wing governors are NOT taking care of the most vulnerable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread