HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Along with the recent mul...

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:11 PM

Along with the recent multi million dollar lawsuit against Trinity Broadcasting Network and

Paul and Jan Crouch here is a little background on their past corruption and homophobic history.

http://www.mixin.com/watch/51316

The video is more than 12 minutes but really brings to light the hypocrisy of these vile people.
It's a Fox expose' from a local Texas channel but it's very well done. (Not the national Faux News.)

Here is the latest story and I think it was posted on DU previously but it cannot be promoted enough.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0323-televangelist-feud-20120323,0,7963175.story

These people need to be prosecuted not only for fraud but for IRS violations for blatantly selling goods using the word "donations" as a code word for "buying" goods and services and making tax free profits.

Their wealth would pay for the health care of many actually poor and unfortunate human beings.

4 replies, 4875 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Along with the recent multi million dollar lawsuit against Trinity Broadcasting Network and (Original post)
Lint Head Apr 2012 OP
freshwest Apr 2012 #1
Thats my opinion Apr 2012 #2
onager Apr 2012 #3
Lint Head Apr 2012 #4

Response to Lint Head (Original post)

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:26 PM

1. I would gaze in a state of horrified puzzlement at those shows on cable. The ultimate insanity.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 08:44 PM

2. The Crouches are a disgrace to people of faith.They ought to be out in jail--

along with most of the hucksters on their network.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 09:08 PM

3. Their Xmas shows are not to be missed!

Hilarious! I've almost died laughing a few times, as Paul 'n Jan roam around their gift shop at Xmas trying to sucker the faithful with some of the most hideous Jesus-junk ever manufactured.

During one big Xmas show, Jan looked seriously over-medicated. Paul was jabbering full-speed like a desperate used-car salesman trying to close a deal.

When he turned to Jan, expecting a response, she would just stand there, spaced out. When she did answer, she...spoke...VERY...slowly.

Paul got so mad, I thought he was going to bop her upside the head with a life-size Baby Jesus ($99.95, all major credit cards accepted.)

Then there's TBN's whack pianist, Dino Kartsonakis. He wears big diamond rings on every finger and looks like the offspring of a one-night stand between Liberace and Keith Richards.

Dino did look like he was having a good time playing for the TBN Children's Choir. In fact, TOO good a time - I thought he looked like an in-progress Amber Alert.

Reply to this post

Response to onager (Reply #3)

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 09:38 PM

4. I've spent many evenings laughing at the very things you mentioned. Plus PTL many years ago.

At first it seemed like wasted time but eventually I realized I was being educated in the ways of subtle evil and understanding just how society can be manipulated.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread