HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Check out the motivation!...

Thu May 31, 2012, 09:39 AM

Check out the motivation! - IV

Two more pastors, two different states, advocate for the killing of gays

Two more “men of God” are on record as advocating for the death of gays and lesbians. In their Sunday sermons, Knapp suggested that the government should put gay people to death, while Leatherman said that his “flesh” is intrigued by the idea of killing homosexuals.

n his sermon “Homosexuality and the Need for National Revival,” Knapp implied that the government should put gays to death — after all, “that’s what happened in Israel.”

“They should be put to death. That’s what happened in Israel. That’s why homosexuality wouldn’t have grown in Israel. It tends to limit conversions. It tends to limit people coming out of the closet. — ‘Oh, so you’re saying we should go out and start killing them, no?’ — I’m saying the government should. They won’t but they should.

(You say), ‘oh, I can’t believe you you’re horrible. You’re a backwards neanderthal of a person.’ Is that what you’re calling scripture? Is God a neanderthal backwards.. in his morality. Is it his word or not? If it’s his word, he commanded it. It’s his idea, not mine. And I’m not ashamed of it.”

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/05/two-more-pastors-two-different-states-advocate-for-the-killing-of-gays/

4 replies, 1118 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Check out the motivation! - IV (Original post)
cleanhippie May 2012 OP
mr blur May 2012 #1
cleanhippie May 2012 #2
SoutherDem May 2012 #4
skepticscott May 2012 #3

Response to cleanhippie (Original post)

Thu May 31, 2012, 10:16 AM

1. "Is God a neanderthal backwards.. in his morality"?

Well, yours would certainly seem to be.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mr blur (Reply #1)

Thu May 31, 2012, 10:18 AM

2. In his defense, he IS using the bible to justify this.

And if the bible can be used to justify one point of view, it can be used to justify another with equal validity.

Perhaps if people stopped using the bible to justify things...

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Reply #2)

Thu May 31, 2012, 11:06 AM

4. Either stop it or use it completely

The bible justifies a lot of death sentences. The bible also has a lot of don'ts. These idiots just take the ones they agree with to be carried out and the ones they don't agree with they ignore.

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Original post)

Thu May 31, 2012, 11:03 AM

3. More not real Xstians

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread