HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Forced to give birth at 1...

Sun May 26, 2019, 07:33 AM

Forced to give birth at 14, her Christian fundamentalist family treated her baby as a 'curse'

“I was raised being told I’d never see Heaven, and was going directly to hell for being born out of wedlock at a young age. All the other youth knew it. When the Pastor preached about the horrors of what happened in Hell, I would sit in the pew pale and full of horror. I developed eating problems and was diagnosed with stomach ulcers at age 8 (received no treatment of course after diagnoses. Was a common theme for the bastard child.) All I could think about was I was destined to go to this awful place where worms would eat me alive for all eternity. I was over run with anxiety. I would wake up every morning thinking about how I was getting closer and closer to the day I’d never see my family again and the devil would take me.”

As Rinlian grew older, the social stigma that resulted from her mother’s pregnancy was unescapable. Her mere existence was a “bad influence” on other children, causing their parents to forbid their children to associate with her.

[link:http://deadstate.org/forced-to-give-birth-at-14-her-christian-fundamentalist-family-treated-her-baby-as-a-curse/|

But....but....'PRO' LIFE

10 replies, 1493 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Forced to give birth at 14, her Christian fundamentalist family treated her baby as a 'curse' (Original post)
Soph0571 May 2019 OP
no_hypocrisy May 2019 #1
Ohiogal May 2019 #2
sinkingfeeling May 2019 #3
Vogon_Glory May 2019 #4
Major Nikon May 2019 #5
ROB-ROX May 2019 #6
cannabis_flower May 2019 #10
Voltaire2 May 2019 #7
keithbvadu2 May 2019 #8
MineralMan May 2019 #9

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Sun May 26, 2019, 07:36 AM

1. Damned if you have an abortion and damned if you have (and keep) the baby . . . . .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun May 26, 2019, 07:41 AM

2. Those kinds of cults are twisted and sick.

My heart aches for their victims.

Reply to this post

Response to Ohiogal (Reply #2)

Sun May 26, 2019, 07:48 AM

3. And the ones now making our laws.

Reply to this post

Sun May 26, 2019, 07:49 AM

4. I'm no fan of the anti-abortion fanatics, but I will say that

many of them aren’t like that.

Reply to this post

Response to Vogon_Glory (Reply #4)

Sun May 26, 2019, 08:17 AM

5. They are all like that, it's just a matter of degree

Some are worse than others, but all are shitheels. It would be one thing if they were against abortion for themselves personally, but that's not the case. And don't forget the actual reason they are forced birthers to begin with is they seek to control the sexuality of everyone else.

Reply to this post

Sun May 26, 2019, 09:49 AM

6. TI Think PROTESTANTS Are TWISTED

Those people use SCARE tactics to CONFUSE people who are UNEDUCATED. Republicans use scare tactics on their people to ensure the herd obeys their masters. I know that JESUS preached LOVE and SHARING versus the conservative HATE and SELFISHNESS. Personally, I know those EVIL people will roast in hell for their Blasphemy and Evilness..........JESUS SAVES

Reply to this post

Response to ROB-ROX (Reply #6)

Mon May 27, 2019, 08:23 PM

10. Just the Protestants?

Catholics too.

Reply to this post

Sun May 26, 2019, 12:28 PM

7. The only thing they are "pro" is returning

women to the status of property.

Reply to this post

Sun May 26, 2019, 08:40 PM

8. So much for the baby being a 'blessing from God'.

So much for the baby being a 'blessing from God'.

Reply to this post

Mon May 27, 2019, 08:55 AM

9. Old Testament Legalism Sucks!

Far too many fundamentalist Christian churches and denominations cling to the ancient rules and laws from the Old Testament, except for the ones they habitually break. Those behaviors have been deemed to be OK.

What all that legalism causes is a tendency to attach whatever ancient text people want to believe to anyone they don't like for some reason. When that happens to a child, as in this case, it can destroy someone's life.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread