HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Jewish Group (Group) » G'mar chatima tova and an...

Tue Oct 11, 2016, 04:12 PM

G'mar chatima tova and an easy fast to those who will be fasting!

May we all be inscribed and sealed for a good year. And anyone fasting, may you have an easy and meaningful fast.

May our tiny crew here (and all over the earth) find the strength to deal with rising antisemitism and hopefully find strength in each other too!

6 replies, 1287 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply G'mar chatima tova and an easy fast to those who will be fasting! (Original post)
EllieBC Oct 2016 OP
Behind the Aegis Oct 2016 #1
JudyM Oct 2016 #2
Behind the Aegis Oct 2016 #3
JudyM Oct 2016 #5
EllieBC Oct 2016 #4
JudyM Oct 2016 #6

Response to EllieBC (Original post)

Tue Oct 11, 2016, 04:14 PM

1. May you be inscribed in the Book of Life.

I am so glad you are participating. Perhaps, this "new" year, you, me, and a few others can make some regular chats here in this group.

It would be nice to have a little support and solidarity.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to EllieBC (Original post)

Thu Oct 13, 2016, 12:12 AM

2. Thank you and sweet new year to you and all. Just checking in here after the long day to say I hope

everyone had an easy and meaningful fast. Wish mine was free of family drama, but felt blessed to have had the most connected day ever with one of my nephews, who's 20. I loved the rabbi's sermon this morning, too, about Reb Nachman's exhortation to keep moving forward when fearful, rather than being immobilized. "The whole world's a narrow bridge" or tightrope. If we just stand on it without moving forward we'll never become what we might. She tied in the election season, clearly a dem...

Reply to this post

Response to JudyM (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 13, 2016, 12:15 AM

3. What is family but drama?

I am glad you were able to connect with your nephew. Just reading it seems to convey this was something you really cherished.

I like the message of "moving forward when fearful", but damn that is hard!

Reply to this post

Response to Behind the Aegis (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 13, 2016, 01:13 AM

5. Ha! So true, I suppose. Still, on Yom Kippur of all days you just want peace and goodness to

predominate. But then again part of the message: be your best self even when it's the hardest to do so.... Strife tests us in that commitment.

Fear is so complex, I'm only just starting to get in touch with my own more subtle fears, reading, reading ... have been blessed to have felt it pretty rarely before, now seeing that it's a lurker emotion... as a cause of procrastination, for example.

Reply to this post

Response to JudyM (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 13, 2016, 12:38 AM

4. What's yuntiff without family drama?

I'm kidding. Family drama is exhausting. The Breslov rebbe had some amazing teachings!

Reply to this post

Response to EllieBC (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 13, 2016, 01:20 AM

6. Right, such timeless wisdom and so approachable. Wish he could've visited my house today!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread