HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Atheists & Agnostics (Group) » If a restaurant owner wer...

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 04:54 PM

If a restaurant owner were to throw out a group that prayed when they sat down to eat because prayer

"doesn't align with the atheist philosophy of our organization", this country would be in full-fucking crisis mode, all networks all the time.

The silence about this outright discrimination and bigotry is appalling, yet so expected.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013/04/camp-quest-oklahoma-kicked-out-of-their-own-fundraiser-by-christian-business-owner/

There is a thread about this in religion, too.

4 replies, 1490 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply If a restaurant owner were to throw out a group that prayed when they sat down to eat because prayer (Original post)
cleanhippie Apr 2013 OP
Act_of_Reparation Apr 2013 #1
Curmudgeoness Apr 2013 #2
TxDemChem Apr 2013 #3
Phillip McCleod Apr 2013 #4

Response to cleanhippie (Original post)

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 07:21 PM

1. Christian privilege...

...it's never bigotry when THEY do it

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 07:39 PM

2. How true. Turn this around, and it is major news.

This is just another in a long list of reasons why Christians disgust me these days. It never used to be this bad, but ever since the "this is a Christian country" contingency has gotten so vocal, they have become sanctimonious twits.

At least OK Joe's BBQ will never be working with a group with the purpose of providing "fun, friends and free-thought, featuring science, natural wonder and humanist values" to children again.

Oh, I just realized, they did not use the words SATAN LOVING ATHEIST in the flyer.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 10:34 PM

3. I tried to send them a tweet, but the page is down.

I was born an Okie and feel it is my right to let them know if they are acting like assholes. That's fine. I'll just call them from some random number.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 10, 2013, 08:28 PM

4. it'd be awesome..

..not necessarily in the positive sense of 'awe'..

you mean, like if an applebee's (hah!!) kicked a batch of boyscouts out after agreeing to help raise funds, because they started saying grace?

'grace.. grace.. graaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccce.. .. aaaahhhhhhmmeeeeeee--'

'get out!'

the right wing fundies would open the pits of hate upon us all.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread