HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Science » Weather Watchers (Group) » Tropical storm could form...

Tue May 12, 2020, 03:01 PM

Tropical storm could form before start of Atlantic hurricane season for 6th straight year.

Arthur could develop this weekend north of the Bahamas.

'The Atlantic hurricane season doesn’t officially start until June 1, but the National Hurricane Center is tracking a disturbance off the East Coast that could become a named storm this weekend.

If the storm forms, earning the name Arthur, it will mark the sixth year this has happened before hurricane season.

The weather system might be a harbinger of an active Atlantic hurricane season. Preseason forecasts are almost all predicting a substantially busier than normal season, with one forecast out of Pennsylvania State University calling for one of the stormiest seasons on record.'>>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/05/12/early-tropical-storm-atlantic-hurricane-season/?

4 replies, 735 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tropical storm could form before start of Atlantic hurricane season for 6th straight year. (Original post)
elleng May 2020 OP
jimfields33 May 2020 #1
virgogal May 2020 #3
jpak May 2020 #4
mitch96 May 2020 #2

Response to elleng (Original post)

Tue May 12, 2020, 03:08 PM

1. I hate this time of year

Irma practically killed me and where I live in Central Florida we had 70+ winds. Couldn’t even imagine living on the coast. I did hear they were figuring out how to have safe places for people during the virus. I guess they are going to have separate places for people with virus, without virus, etc. I can see this being a mess. Plus will other states allow for evacuation? And we just thought the virus was a problem. Yieks!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jimfields33 (Reply #1)

Tue May 12, 2020, 03:32 PM

3. Yike,I never thought of that....safe space shelters.

Reply to this post

Response to jimfields33 (Reply #1)

Tue May 12, 2020, 05:42 PM

4. Don't worry - Trump will keep you safe

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Original post)

Tue May 12, 2020, 03:27 PM

2. Oh joy untold... I wish I could be a snow bird and fly away during H'cane season...

Played this dance too many times. Last occasion I fled So Fla to west coast Fla and the wind maker chased me!!!
m

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread