HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Support Groups » Bereavement (Group) » Covid death of a close fa...

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 09:23 AM

Covid death of a close family member?

It's been almost a year since we called an ambulance because my dad fell. The hospital sent him to rehab and he died 14 days later from covid contracted from an infected man laying next to him. I am still having intense feelings of hate, grief, and guilt.

Hate of trump for purposely not warning and the state and rehab facility for not protecting him.

Grief of a loved one who did not deserve to die that way. Sorrow for my mom who didn't get to hold her husband's hand in death. They were married 71 years.

Guilt for agreeing to sending him there. I live a thousand miles away and I usually let my sisters who live close by make decisions. But when they told me I looked it up and saw that there were covid cases in nursing homes. I didn't say anything.

I wonder if anyone else is going through the same thing? It's such a toxic combination of emotion that doesn't seem to fit any bereavement advice I have seen.

1 replies, 1722 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Covid death of a close family member? (Original post)
Laura PourMeADrink Apr 2021 OP
JohnSJ Apr 2021 #1

Response to Laura PourMeADrink (Original post)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 10:37 AM

1. Sorry for what you and your family have been going through.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread