HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Dakota (Group) » South Dakota sues to keep...

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 02:07 PM

South Dakota sues to keep Equal Rights Amendment off U.S. Constitution

By Lisa Kaczke

South Dakota is suing the archivist of the United States to prevent the addition of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg announced on Wednesday that the state is joining Alabama and Louisiana in a federal lawsuit against Archivist David Ferriero, who oversees the ratification process, "to stop activists from illegally amending the U.S. Constitution."

The Equal Rights Amendment is a constitutional amendment passed by Congress in 1972 to guarantee the equal rights of men and women.

Ravnsborg said the duty of the state attorney general is to defend the South Dakota Legislature, and he would be doing a disservice to South Dakotans to ignore that obligation. The South Dakota Legislature ratified the ERA in 1973 but then rescinded its ratification in 1979.

Read more: https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/19/south-dakota-sues-keep-equal-rights-amendment-off-u-s-constitution/2697209001/

3 replies, 1166 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply South Dakota sues to keep Equal Rights Amendment off U.S. Constitution (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2019 OP
Iliyah Dec 2019 #1
abqtommy Dec 2019 #2
CaptYossarian Dec 2019 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 02:13 PM

1. My Gawd, these do not believe in democracy . .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 02:51 PM

2. I suspect that there's a few male cult members pushing this. I've lived in S. Dakota and none of

the women I met there would agree with this hostility to the ERA.

Reply to this post

Response to abqtommy (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 04:34 PM

3. They should withhold sex from their SOs. There must be some knotholes small enough

for these insecure little boys to use. Careful with those slivers--make sure you remove the right one.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread