HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Dakota (Group) » Officials: Some who went ...

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:41 PM

Officials: Some who went to huge Sturgis rally have COVID-19

SIOUX FALLS (AP) South Dakota health officials warned Thursday that a number of people who attended the 10-day Sturgis Motorcycle Rally this month, including some who came from out of state, have come down with COVID-19.

Department of Health officials did not give an exact number of rallygoers who tested positive, but they said it was under 25. The rally, which ended Sunday, brought hundreds of thousands of people from far and wide to the city in the western part of the state. Even before it kicked off, some locals and officials expressed concern that COVID-19 could spread rapidly at the rally and that it would be hard to track rallygoers who got infected before heading home.

The state's health department has received reports from other states that people who traveled from the rally have tested positive, state epidemiologist Josh Clayton said.

Contact tracers have been able to work with most people to determine who they were around and may have infected. But the health department has issued public warnings for two bars one in Sturgis and the other at a popular stop for riders along U.S. Highway 385 near Mount Rushmore. Clayton said they did not know how many people were exposed at the bars.

Read more: https://brookingsregister.com/article/officials-some-who-went-to-huge-sturgis-rally-have-covid-19

Another report that I read stated that one of the artists at a tattoo parlor also tested positive for COVID-19.

6 replies, 521 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Officials: Some who went to huge Sturgis rally have COVID-19 (Original post)
TexasTowelie Aug 23 OP
Shell_Seas Aug 23 #1
Pachamama Aug 23 #4
empedocles Aug 23 #2
2naSalit Aug 23 #3
Wellstone ruled Aug 23 #5
PoindexterOglethorpe Aug 23 #6

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:42 PM

1. You don't say.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Shell_Seas (Reply #1)

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:45 PM

4. I'm so shocked too...

Who could have known this would be coming....

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:44 PM

2. Just 'early returns' so far

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:45 PM

3. Imagine that.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:49 PM

5. Okay,then we will see

major out breaks in Keystone,Custer,Rapid,and of Course Deadwood as well as Hot Springs. These are the usual hang outs during Bike Week.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 23, 2020, 02:52 PM

6. Surely this is fake news!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread