HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Donald Trump and Russia: ...

Sun Jul 31, 2016, 08:55 AM

Donald Trump and Russia: a web that grows more tangled all the time

Donald Trump and Russia: a web that grows more tangled all the time
Frank Mermoud, a key figure at the recent Republican convention, has strong business ties with Ukraine, to which others in Trumpís orbit have been linked as questions grow over the candidateís interests in Russia and view of its president
Peter Stone, David Smith, Ben Jacobs, Alec Luhn and Rupert Neate
Saturday 30 July 2016 10.38 EDT

A key figure at the Republican national convention where Donald Trump was nominated for president has strong business ties with Ukraine, the Guardian has learned.

The party platform, written at the convention in Cleveland last week, removed references to arming Ukraine in its fight against pro-Russia rebels, who have received material support from the Kremlin. Trumpís links to Russia are under scrutiny after a hack of Democratic national committee emails, allegedly by Russian agents.

The coordinator of the Washington diplomatic corps for the Republicans in Cleveland was Frank Mermoud, a former state department official involved in business ventures in Ukraine via Cub Energy, a Black Sea-focused oil and gas company of which he is a director. He is also on the board of the US Ukraine Business Council.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/30/donald-trump-paul-manafort-ukraine-russia-putin-ties

4 replies, 905 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donald Trump and Russia: a web that grows more tangled all the time (Original post)
workinclasszero Jul 2016 OP
heaven05 Jul 2016 #1
workinclasszero Jul 2016 #2
heaven05 Jul 2016 #3
workinclasszero Jul 2016 #4

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Sun Jul 31, 2016, 09:08 AM

1. russian oligarchs

giving tRUMP MANY LOANS IN THE PAST and he owes, owes, owes......and to the bankers too? Such a corrupt man running for POTUS. Why aren't any saying anything about this..........trump is connected at the hip....to the russians.......

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to heaven05 (Reply #1)

Sun Jul 31, 2016, 09:17 AM

2. I believe this is why trump refuses to submit his tax and finacinal info

I bet it ties him directly to Russia.

Hell I think hes running for President strictly as a business deal between him and Putin!

He already invited Russian hackers to attack the democrats which they promptly did via the DCCC.

Where is the outrage over this traitor scumball?

Reply to this post

Response to workinclasszero (Reply #2)

Sun Jul 31, 2016, 09:29 AM

3. +100

on the direct ties, tax returns and all the rest....there is an ugly can of worms squirming around in this con man's background......

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #3)

Sun Jul 31, 2016, 03:44 PM

4. I cant believe the government cant demand full

full financial disclosure from candidates for president.

This effects national security!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread