HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Donald Trump's First Gene...

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 07:24 AM

Donald Trump's First General Election Campaign Ad Is Overflowing with Propaganda

On Tuesday night in Olympia, Washington, a white supremacist stabbed an interracial couple. After his arrest, the man told authorities he wished to "stomp out" members of the Black Lives Matter movement at a nearby Donald Trump rally. According to the official police report and a local account from The Olympian, the perpetrator, 32-year-old Daniel B. Rowe, covered his body in tattoos that read phrases like "skinhead" and "white power," in addition to Confederate flag imagery. Rowe told the police he had taken a "blood oath" to fight on the street.

Two nights after Rowe's arrest, Donald Trump stood onstage in North Carolina and said he "regretted" some of the things he has said over the course of his historic presidential campaign. Trump did not specify which things. He admitted that some of his words "may have caused personal pain." Trump did not specify which words.

Rowe's racially motivated violence was far from an outlier over the past year that Trump has occupied the national stage. Here's a white guy cold-cocking a black guy at a Trump rally this past March. Here's another Trump rally cold-cocking, same month. Here's a black protester getting beat up at a Trump rally in Alabama. Here's violence outside a Trump rally in Chicago. Here's a Trump supporter giving a Nazi salute. Here's Trump telling a crowd he longs for the days when he, himself, could punch protesters in the face.

And here's Trump's first ad of the general election, in which he paints Hillary's America as a dangerous, violent place overrun with Syrian refugees and illegal immigrants, while painting Trump's America as "safe."

<snip>

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a47821/new-trump-ad-general-election/

6 replies, 1035 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donald Trump's First General Election Campaign Ad Is Overflowing with Propaganda (Original post)
cali Aug 2016 OP
Demsrule86 Aug 2016 #1
True Dough Aug 2016 #2
mucifer Aug 2016 #3
cali Aug 2016 #4
Sunlei Aug 2016 #5
Fast Walker 52 Aug 2016 #6

Response to cali (Original post)

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 07:37 AM

1. I agree.

Also, it was an ad for those already voting for him. It doubled down on issues that have cost him votes. Kind of odd.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 07:44 AM

2. Drumpf's only regret

is that he's not ahead in the polls. I highly doubt he is capable of feeling remorse, and I mean that sincerely.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 07:50 AM

3. Willie Horton and "welfare queens" all over again

This is very dangerous. It has worked in the past.

Reply to this post

Response to mucifer (Reply #3)

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 07:55 AM

4. Thanks for the reminder. I don't see it working this time, but that's just based on the

limited time he has to turn things around.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 08:04 AM

5. probably footage somewhere of that man at recent protests.

‘Yeah, I stabbed them. I’m a white supremacist,'” Lower said. “He begins talking about Donald Trump rallies and attacking people at the Black Lives Matter protest.”

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 20, 2016, 08:05 AM

6. I really cannot wait until we stomp that asswipe in November and send his racist minions

home to sulk.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread