HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Donald Trump Charity Gave...

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 12:23 PM

Donald Trump Charity Gave to Jenny McCarthy’s Anti-Vaxx Crusade

Not only has the Republican nominee repeated junk science about vaccines, but he’s also given money to help the dangerous cause.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/30/donald-trump-charity-gave-to-jenny-mccarthy-s-anti-vaxx-crusade.html

"Donald Trump has not only spread dangerous misinformation about the links between vaccines and autism, but he’s also given money to the anti-vaxxer cause.

His monetary support for the conspiracy theory came in the form of a $10,000 check to an anti-vaccine charity run by former Playboy model and television host Jenny McCarthy.

Trump’s monetary and moral support for McCarthy’s discredited ideas have real, harmful effects—they contribute to the mainstreaming of a conspiracy theory at a time when parents are increasingly deciding to opt out of vaccines despite medical advice.

McCarthy has been a vocal opponent of chemicals in vaccines since 2007, citing discredited studies and experiences with her autistic son. “The University of Google is where I got my degree from,” she once said in an interview.

..."

-----------------------------

4 replies, 1101 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donald Trump Charity Gave to Jenny McCarthy’s Anti-Vaxx Crusade (Original post)
HuckleB Sep 2016 OP
LineNew Reply .
HuckleB Sep 2016 #1
SwankyXomb Sep 2016 #2
HuckleB Oct 2016 #3
sakabatou Oct 2016 #4

Response to HuckleB (Original post)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 02:05 PM

1. .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 02:53 PM

2. I'm going to guess

he did it just so he could have his picture taken while slobbering all over her.

Reply to this post

Response to SwankyXomb (Reply #2)

Sat Oct 1, 2016, 05:45 PM

3. Well, that may be part of it, but he is also an anti-vacccine kook.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 1, 2016, 05:47 PM

4. Ugh...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread