HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Disastrous stretch for Ga...

Fri Oct 7, 2016, 10:34 AM

Disastrous stretch for Gary Johnson gives boost to Clinton

Disastrous stretch for Gary Johnson gives boost to Clinton
By Jonathan Easley - 10/07/16 06:02 AM EDT

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson is fading in the polls, giving a boost to Hillary Clinton.

Johnson has suffered through weeks of terrible headlines that have raised questions about his fitness to be commander in chief.

Most notably, the former New Mexico governor couldn’t name a foreign leader he respected in one television interview and in another asked, “What is Aleppo?” in response to a question about the besieged Syrian city.

Democrats have gone on the attack, using Clinton surrogates President Obama and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) to make the argument that a vote for Johnson is a vote for Donald Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/299672-disastrous-strech-for-gary-johnson-gives-boost-to-clinton

5 replies, 784 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Disastrous stretch for Gary Johnson gives boost to Clinton (Original post)
workinclasszero Oct 2016 OP
BobbyDrake Oct 2016 #1
workinclasszero Oct 2016 #2
Scurrilous Oct 2016 #3
Blue Idaho Oct 2016 #4
Johnny2X2X Oct 2016 #5

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Fri Oct 7, 2016, 10:42 AM

1. I still call BS on his excuse for Aleppo 1.0 (which has to be distinguished from 2.0 & 3.0)

"I thought it was an acronym." OK, al-ep-o... I could see confusing "al" for L, and the O sound explains itself. But what the shit letter sounds like "ep," Gary??

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BobbyDrake (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 7, 2016, 10:51 AM

2. Sounds like some kinda lame excuse lol

If he reps the best that libertarians have to offer, then....

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 7, 2016, 12:24 PM

3. K & R

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 7, 2016, 12:27 PM

4. He was doing pretty well until the M$M started interviewing him

Then everyone had a chance to see what a bumbling idiot the guy really is. Personally I hope he does a lot more TV.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 7, 2016, 12:37 PM

5. Here's the thing

Johnson supporters were roughly split evenly between Dems and Reps. Johnson just showed he is a know nothing candidate, this will not be seen as a negative to Republicans as their only other choice would be a know Nothing Trump. But Dem leaning Johnson supporters are abandoning him in droves, if he gets 5% now it wouldn't surprise me if 4% are would be Trump voters.

And Sanders campaigning is huge for Hillary.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread