HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Meliana Trump can loose U...

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:30 PM

Meliana Trump can loose US Citizenship, there is precedent, she must be tried and deported

To where the heck she came from...

http://www.ocregister.com/news/ahmadzai-173471-citizenship-appeal.html

=======

As a child, Ahmadzai and his family fled the war in his native Afghanistan and was granted asylum in the United States. He obtained a green card and became a U.S. citizen in 1994.

Years later, federal immigration officials realized Ahmadzai had failed to disclose on his citizenship paperwork that he had past convictions for false impersonation, drug sales and battery. They brought a case against him for naturalization fraud, which he lost last year.

That led U.S. District Court Judge James V. Selna to order that Ahmadzai be stripped of his U.S. citizenship if he fails to win his case on appeal.

"It's as if the order is signed and post-dated," said David Kaloyanides, Ahmadzai's attorney.

Naturalized U.S. citizens can lose their status if they are found to have obtained their citizenship through fraudulent means -- but such cases are relatively uncommon, said Thom Mrozek, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office.

Wearing a mint green prison jumpsuit, Ahmadzai pleaded with the court to reduce his sentence due to his past collaboration with the Irvine police department as an informant on drug cases.

========
Application for citizenship N-400 specifically ask following questions:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/n-400.pdf

12. Have you EVER persecuted (either directly or indirectly) any person because of race, religion, national origin, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion?

YES

22. Have you EVER committed, assisted in committing, or attempted to commit, a crime or offense for which you were NOT arrested?

YES

39 replies, 5271 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 34 replies Author Time Post
Reply Meliana Trump can loose US Citizenship, there is precedent, she must be tried and deported (Original post)
MyNameIsKhan Nov 2016 OP
Coyotl Nov 2016 #1
MyNameIsKhan Nov 2016 #5
Grey Lemercier Nov 2016 #4
MyNameIsKhan Nov 2016 #6
Grey Lemercier Nov 2016 #9
Mika Nov 2016 #18
Grey Lemercier Nov 2016 #25
radius777 Nov 2016 #27
Grey Lemercier Nov 2016 #28
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #10
Grey Lemercier Nov 2016 #12
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #19
NoGoodNamesLeft Nov 2016 #7
NastyWomen Nov 2016 #31
MyNameIsKhan Nov 2016 #36
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #8
NanceGreggs Nov 2016 #16
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #20
NanceGreggs Nov 2016 #23
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #29
NanceGreggs Nov 2016 #32
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #33
NanceGreggs Nov 2016 #35
MyNameIsKhan Nov 2016 #34
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #37
NanceGreggs Nov 2016 #38
TrekLuver Nov 2016 #39
anneboleyn Nov 2016 #26
radius777 Nov 2016 #30
JHan Nov 2016 #24
patsimp Nov 2016 #17
LineLineReply
Dec 1969 #
LineLineReply
Dec 1969 #
LineLineReply
Dec 1969 #

Response to MyNameIsKhan (Original post)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:34 PM

1. So, Trump wants to deport illegal immigrants who have committed a crime.

Maybe he knows who that includes ....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Coyotl (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:39 PM

5. Thanks changed it... bottomline is people have lost citizenship due to lying on N-400

N-400 specifically ask following questions:

12. Have you EVER persecuted (either directly or indirectly) any person because of race, religion, national origin, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion?

YES

22. Have you EVER committed, assisted in committing, or attempted to commit, a crime or offense for which you were NOT arrested?

YES

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:38 PM

4. do you really want to open this door?

Reply to this post

Response to Grey Lemercier (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:40 PM

6. The doors were already opened when Trump infront of entire US population threatened for following

1. Ask people to kill his opponent
2. Jail his opponent

Reply to this post

Response to MyNameIsKhan (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:48 PM

9. I think you miss my point. Do we, as Democratic Party members really want to

starting barking for people to deported? Law of unintended consequences will kick in shortly after that.

Reply to this post

Response to Grey Lemercier (Reply #9)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:58 PM

18. Start?

She's Caucasian... not being deported. Period.

Reply to this post

Response to Mika (Reply #18)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:16 AM

25. omg, this is one of those threads where no one gathers what I am saying

I am saying that it would be hypocritical for us Dems to start demanding deportation, especially as it was literally for a small amount of work, just several weeks (the last one was only THREE DAYS from the Visa issuance) before she got the Visa.

She should pay a fine. Make it 1 million USD, hell yes. But, the OP is daft as her escapades do not rise to the legal level required for citizenship to be stripped.

And now my MAIN point.

Lets say I am wrong, and she IS stripped and deported.

Do you realise the violence and raving rage from the Trump scum (the racists and loons will not simply disappear after the orange one loses) when they see millions of undocumented people in the US who are never touched, but their demigod's wife is run out on a rail? It will start a mini civil war in some places, and shitgibon would stir the pot to the extreme degree. Plus, we are the party of compassion, and acceptance, and helping undocumented get pathway to citizenship, not the party of "deport them".

PS

I do not care what colour she is (I have a friend here in London, from Canada, lived in the USA (Atlanta, GA) for years, rich white family (Dr. and a barrister for parents), and the entire family was deported back to Canada over similar shit. Have Irish friends who were deported from the States too.

Reply to this post

Response to Grey Lemercier (Reply #9)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:17 AM

27. No, but we have to point out the hypocrisy.

"We have a country or we don't" - Donald J. Trump

Reply to this post

Response to radius777 (Reply #27)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:20 AM

28. I TOTALLY agree with that, and hope the media screams this for the next 4 days

I am saying it is bullshit to call for her to be stripped of her citizenship and deported.

Demanding that makes US the hypocrites as well.

Reply to this post

Response to Grey Lemercier (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:49 PM

10. Do you really think we have the power to open this door. It's up to the press if they cover it or

not. I guarantee you that Joy Reid will be talking about it tomorrow she is tweeting up a storm about this.

Reply to this post

Response to TrekLuver (Reply #10)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:51 PM

12. I was too vague. See my reply above as to what I meant.

Reply to this post

Response to Grey Lemercier (Reply #12)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:01 AM

19. I don't want to deport her...I just want to the press to cover this story and make a big

deal out of it. We have quite the bonanza this weekend.

Nat'l Enqu affair squash story
Melania ain't legal story
Guiliani is working with active FBI agents
Christie is going down in flames
Sununu's "joke"

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:43 PM

7. Does this technically make her an illegal immigrant and Barron an anchor baby?

I don't think people should go after Barron...not his fault his father is a tang colored douche...just find it kind or ironic given Trump's position on children born in the US or illegal immigrant parents.

Reply to this post

Response to NoGoodNamesLeft (Reply #7)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:32 AM

31. This is where I tend to be a bad liberal

I am of the opinion that the apple always falls directly under the tree and little baron will likely be a monster just like the other trump spawn. Send them all to Siberia to protect future generations of Americans. Of course I'm joking.

Reply to this post

Response to NastyWomen (Reply #31)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:48 AM

36. This is were I disagree... Baron is a child and he is not in this equation, keep him out of this.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:43 PM

8. This is trending on Twitter...even stupid Clint Eastwood tweeted about it that Hillary's camp

is "desperate"... Oh goody goody gumdrops. Plus the Sununu story is getting play tooooooo I'm feeling really really good right now!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:56 PM

16. Uh, no.

This is ridiculous, and smacks of desperation.

TRUMP is running for president, not Melania.

Let's stick to the facts about HIM - which are as disturbing as they are plentiful - and leave his wife out of it.

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #16)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:02 AM

20. Yes Except HE is the one raving about deporting illegal immigrants...and that's a fact.

You should send an email to the Associated Press and let them know it smacks of desperation.

Reply to this post

Response to TrekLuver (Reply #20)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:09 AM

23. The AP is free ...

... to spew whatever they want to. That doesn't make it relevant.

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #23)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:29 AM

29. Ok well Joy Reid was spewing it too....tweeting about it like crazy and I'm sure we'll hear her

spewing about it in the am.

Reply to this post

Response to TrekLuver (Reply #29)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:39 AM

32. So what?

We are literally hours away from the election.

How many Trump supporters do you think are going to have their minds changed by this? Would they be the same people whose minds weren't changed by a pussy-grabbing racist who mocks the disabled and calls vets with PTSD "weak"?

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #32)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:41 AM

33. So what what? This is yet another example of his hypocrisy. I'm not looking to change stupid

Trump voters...I just want the news cycle to change and go back to bad press for him. After a week of bad coverage for Hillary I'm ready to get back to Trashing Trump in earnest and these late breaking stories will help with that.

Reply to this post

Response to TrekLuver (Reply #33)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:47 AM

35. I have been.

Now explain to me how Melania's immigration status is relevant to anyone at this point in the game.

The Trump supporters will ignore it, and the HRC supporters will be voting for Hill as planned.

So how is any of this relevant?

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #32)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:44 AM

34. I do not think we want to change hearts at this stage, the narrative will change and Trump

Campaign will go into defensive to protect MRS DONALD TRUMP 3, who has committed Federal Crime and his Husband wants to make it "GREAT".

Reply to this post

Response to MyNameIsKhan (Reply #34)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:51 AM

37. Not like he has one but maybe this will drag him "off message" ..one last meltdown for the road. lol

Reply to this post

Response to MyNameIsKhan (Reply #34)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:51 AM

38. Again, so what?

It doesn't change anything. Trump's supporters will not change their votes over this, and neither will HRC supporters.

So what does it matter?

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #38)

Response to TrekLuver (Reply #20)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:16 AM

26. Exactly. Trump has spent a year screaming that ALL illegals MUST be deported. Why in the world

would the revelation that his wife broke the immigration laws that he has made a cornerstone of his campaign not be significant -- actually rather yuuuuuuge?! An issue that he has screamed about at his rallies?! That has inspired his supporters to make all sorts of vile comments about immigrants? This story is absolutely significant, and it is fair game. Period.

Reply to this post

Response to anneboleyn (Reply #26)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:31 AM

30. +1. This hypocrisy must be called out by the MSM.

Trump has staked out a far-right white nationalist stance on immigration, where even the American born children (so-called "anchor babies) of those (PoC) immigrants who came here without perfectly following the rules, would be heartlessly deported (gestapo deportation squad).

"We have a country or we don't"
"Build a wall, deport them all."
"They have to go."
"We are a nation of laws."
-Donald J. Trump

Melania must not be spared simply because she is white and rich.

To be clear, I'm not calling for deportation, but the MSM must call out this hypocrisy. At the very least, it will get the Comey/emails bullshit off the air.

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #16)

Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:11 AM

24. the irony is delicious though..

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 11:58 PM

17. i Completely agree. Deport her.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread