HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » It is very easy to advoca...

Thu May 23, 2013, 08:56 AM

It is very easy to advocate changes AFTER something happens.

It is called closing the barn door after the cow gets out. Where were all the voices calling for improved storm shelters BEFORE the tornado hit? Moore, OK should have the message now. Hopefully they, and other towns in similar circumstances will improve their disaster preparations.

The country needs to change its entire mindset and prepare for future disasters. We also need a wholesale re-investment in improving/upgrading the country's infrastructure. This should be a main issue for the Democratic Party. Improving the infrastructure will create jobs in every district, ever community across the nation.

I suspect that this will require ousting the extreme right wing from the House, Senate, and Governor's mansions. It needs to be done and it needs to start now.

1 replies, 799 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply It is very easy to advocate changes AFTER something happens. (Original post)
FSogol May 2013 OP
Zoeisright May 2013 #1

Response to FSogol (Original post)

Fri May 24, 2013, 10:58 PM

1. You are so right.

I will point out, however, that this is the THIRD time in 14 years the city of Moore has been hit by a devastating tornado. Apparently they don't learn very well.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread