HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » If Sanders thinks he coul...

Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:07 PM

If Sanders thinks he could have gotten a better climate change deal, where does the $100b/year come

from?

Once again, it's always about the money and the numbers (and reality) which Bernie (and by extension his supporters) seem quite happy to ignore.

If you don't know what I'm referring to, you probably shouldn't have an opinion on this deal.

5 replies, 682 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply If Sanders thinks he could have gotten a better climate change deal, where does the $100b/year come (Original post)
hill2016 Dec 2015 OP
beam me up scottie Dec 2015 #1
highprincipleswork Dec 2015 #2
tech3149 Dec 2015 #3
tech3149 Dec 2015 #4
AgingAmerican Dec 2015 #5

Response to hill2016 (Original post)

Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:09 PM

1. Of course, you know how obsessed with money those people are.

Once again, it's always about the money

*wink wink*

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:29 PM

2. I'm really tired of those who seem to think they are the Arbiters of Reality around here.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:36 PM

3. Wow! Do you think it might be a simple answer that's already been discussed?

Something like removing the subsidies from the fossil fuel industry and using that revenue to support the less developed nations to at least survive? Or mabey using those funds to jump the less developed nations past the lessons we should have learned over the last hundred year?
Could Sanders have gotten a better deal? Who freakin knows, but I do know one thing. Sanders has been pushing on the right side of issues his entire political career. The money is there, it's just been trying to convince us that anything we do will be too little too late.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:40 PM

4. Wow! Do you think it might be a simple answer that's already been discussed?

Something like removing the subsidies from the fossil fuel industry and using that revenue to support the less developed nations to at least survive? Or mabey using those funds to jump the less developed nations past the lessons we should have learned over the last hundred year?
Could Sanders have gotten a better deal? Who freakin knows, but I do know one thing. Sanders has been pushing on the right side of issues his entire political career. The money is there, it's just been trying to convince us that anything we do will be too little too late.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:46 PM

5. Not starting new wars will save us trillions

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread