HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Hello DU

Thu May 19, 2016, 01:44 AM

Hello DU

I'm very new to DU, but I have friends here who had been on other (now defunct) forums such as New York Abuzz and SeattleBuzz. Some members here visit A2K occasionally. I just made my 10th post, so I can introduce myself....but for old pals who have sent me PM's, I can't use the PM system until I post another 40 entrees.

I'm trying to adjust to this format, I know everybody else understands, but please be patient as I learn how to navigate this site. I'm happy to be here, I'm looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and so far the Offbeat category is comfortable for me. I will be avoiding the Political stuff for awhile because it is toooooo stressful. With any luck, I can avoid it until January 2017.

It's great this site exists, and I'm happy a few friends suggested joining. I use the same name where ever I post, because it's simpler for me. Life is too complicated, I'm getting older (who isn't) and I like direct and simple.

Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to the experience.

9 replies, 3345 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hello DU (Original post)
glitterbag May 2016 OP
radicalliberal May 2016 #1
Snood May 2016 #2
glitterbag May 2016 #3
Snood May 2016 #4
glitterbag May 2016 #5
Name removed Jun 2016 #6
CaliforniaPeggy Jun 2016 #7
Quantess Jun 2016 #8
Name removed Jun 2016 #9

Response to glitterbag (Original post)

Thu May 19, 2016, 01:43 PM

1. Welcome to DU!

You already know who I am. We have a good friend in common. I'm referring, of course, to marble falls.

I hope you have a pleasant experience here.

P.S. Yes, I expect the presidential campaign to be utterly depressing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri May 20, 2016, 12:14 PM

2. Hi GB

Not stalking you, just got word from another A2Ker where you went. Will miss you. I don't think I've got the willpower to stay off the poitics threads, but more power to you. It's a healthy choice, I'm sure.

Reply to this post

Response to Snood (Reply #2)

Fri May 20, 2016, 01:54 PM

3. Hi,

It wasn't willpower, I was suspended for a week for "inappropriate", just wasn't specific how I was inappropriate. I honestly don't know what I did. I don't recall any vitriolic dustups with unlike minded folks, and I don't think I hurled any profanities, I'm certain I didn't accuse anyone of engaging in whatever. I can't send PM's until I've posted 50 times so please understand I've got a way to go. I certainly don't feel stalked, im happy to see my ol pals.

Reply to this post

Response to glitterbag (Reply #3)

Fri May 20, 2016, 02:57 PM

4. Me too

I got canned for "inappropriate" too, and they also didn't specify. I asked Robert Gentel when I came back, and he said he "thinks" it was the result of a lot of mean texts toward Lash. I hinted that he plays favorites, but I t=don't think he got the hint, and I didn't want to be too overt.

Reply to this post

Response to Snood (Reply #4)

Fri May 20, 2016, 05:19 PM

5. Hooboy

well, at least she got a time out as well. I'm not sure but I may have gotten the ax for mentioning Lee Atwater. He was an infuriating man.

Reply to this post

Response to Name removed (Reply #6)

Sun Jun 5, 2016, 06:17 AM

8. Welcome!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread