HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Activism » Cannabis (Group) » Patients Legally Using Ca...

Tue Dec 19, 2017, 11:20 AM

Patients Legally Using Cannabis Stopped Or Used Less Opioids & Dangerous Prescription Drugs

Our elected officials and health care providers may hope to curb the opioid epidemic through traditional addiction recovery programs and criminalization, but itís time for them to consider the potential that medical cannabis has to offer in this effort.

All year, researchers from all over the country have been publishing concrete evidence proving that the legalization of medical marijuana leads to happier, healthier patients. Another study, released this week, has found that patients are replacing their prescription drugs with medical marijuana.

Published in the Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, the study concluded that chronic pain sufferers who were legally able to use medical cannabis eventually ended up using fewer opioids and other dangerous prescription drugs.

By the 10-month mark of being enrolled in the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program (MCP), patients with chronic back pain, arthritis, chronic headaches, fibromyalgia, and other chronic musculoskeletal conditions significantly reduced their prescription drug use. Over a third of the patients enrolled in the MCP stopped using prescription drugs altogether, compared to only two percent of the non-enrolled participants.

more

https://botanika.life/patients-legally-using-cannabis-stopped-used-less-opioids-dangerous-prescription-drugs/

#1 reason why Jeff Sessions and Big Pharma are against MJ.

4 replies, 909 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Patients Legally Using Cannabis Stopped Or Used Less Opioids & Dangerous Prescription Drugs (Original post)
n2doc Dec 2017 OP
Faux pas Dec 2017 #1
CentralMass Dec 2017 #2
NightWatcher Dec 2017 #3
CanSocDem Dec 2017 #4

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Tue Dec 19, 2017, 11:24 AM

1. Kicketty Kickin'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 19, 2017, 12:16 PM

2. I bumped into one of my neighbors here in Oregon over the weekend.

He is a retired college professor and he confided in me that he has cancer and had switched from opioids to smoking mj for pain relief and he hoped that the smell did not bother me. (It doesn't). He said that it is working well for him without the side effects of the opioids that he was taking.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 19, 2017, 12:39 PM

3. Duh, I could've told anyone this fact. Worked for me too.

I no longer take ANY PAIN MEDS OR MUSCLE RELAXERS for my lupus and another autoimmune that deals with the breaking down of muscle tissue and wasting.

I consume err day (to quote S.Dogg) and it does wonders.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 20, 2017, 07:00 AM

4. Do not underestimate the power...

...of Big Pharma. They are not about to release their deathgrip on the American public. They have already convinced your government that they are the only legitimate 'road to health'.

And few Americans I have read here are willing to give up their 'magic' pills.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread