HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Buttigieg 2020 (Group) » Pete Buttigieg talks to M...
Pete Buttigieg You are in the Buttigieg 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Pete Buttigieg as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Mon Dec 9, 2019, 06:56 PM

Pete Buttigieg talks to Michael Harriot on a variety of topics. 20 minutes long and worth it!

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigieg-on-institutional-racism-economic-inequa-1840314149?utm_source=theroot_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR1RzPjhCaqiNKtulU7ajy16NEmcl7MowhBjDt-Ug2J5t-mQL_tTo5gXIrg

5 replies, 698 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pete Buttigieg talks to Michael Harriot on a variety of topics. 20 minutes long and worth it! (Original post)
CaliforniaPeggy Dec 2019 OP
IndyOp Dec 2019 #1
CaliforniaPeggy Dec 2019 #2
MBS Dec 2019 #3
BootinUp Dec 2019 #4
femmedem Dec 2019 #5

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Original post)

Mon Dec 9, 2019, 07:22 PM

1. The Michael Harriot - the one who called Pete a

mother-fucking liar?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to IndyOp (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 9, 2019, 07:34 PM

2. Yes, the very same!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 9, 2019, 08:27 PM

3. God, this man has guts.

The mark of a real leader. Just address the problem, head on. And it felt like a genuine and cordial conversation, too.

I keep wondering how his competitors would fare had they been given the same series of trials.

Reply to this post

Response to MBS (Reply #3)

Mon Dec 9, 2019, 09:47 PM

4. yep. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 14, 2019, 10:49 AM

5. I thought it was a terrific conversation but the resulting article is awful.

Michael Harriot either doesn't realize that Buttigieg has been saying that racism is the force most likely to destroy the country since at least July or else he is not particularly interested in telling the truth.

From July: If we do not tackle the problem of racial inequality in my lifetime, I am convinced it will upend the American project in my lifetime,” Buttigieg said. “It brought our country to its knees once, and if we do not act, it could again. I believe this is not only a matter of justice, but a matter of national survival.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-pete-buttigieg-rainbow-push-20190702-62zvci5sw5hrribfmlnqpuso7a-story.html

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread