HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » YOOOHOOO!!! Your Karma bu... » Reply #59

Response to StevePaulson (Reply #22)

Mon Dec 29, 2014, 01:18 PM

59. Add Judge Carl Barbier to the list. He has been allowing BP to create a huge conflict of interest

(Bribe) of his buddies, the attorneys he appointed to the Plaintiff's Steering Committee (PSC) to represent the victims of the BP oil spill. BP has offered $660,000,000 to the PSC for agreeing to the terrible Class Action Settlement where currently 75% of the victims are being denied and the other 25% being paid a pittance of their losses. The kicker is that the PSC doesn't get the money unless the settlement makes it through without being overturned. The Judge would not let us speak at the un-"Fairness Hearing" to explain our objections to this virtually one-sided agreement. All of the points we made in the brief that we filed for the hearing have come sadly true, yet the PSC will not try to overturn the very bad deal because they lose the $660,000,000!
To make matters worse, BP had inserted a sealed provision that said that they reserved the right to back out of the deal if a certain percentage of claimants opted out of it. The Judge sent letters to our clients who opted out advising them they could opt back in if they filled out the enclosed form and sent it back to the court. The Judge never sent us the letter or notified us he was contacting our clients and advising them to do something we advised against.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in the most corrupt case of all time!

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 80 replies Author Time Post
Cha Dec 2014 OP
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #1
Cha Dec 2014 #2
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #3
Cha Dec 2014 #4
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #7
Cha Dec 2014 #10
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #13
Cha Dec 2014 #6
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #9
Cha Dec 2014 #14
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #16
Cha Dec 2014 #17
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2014 #19
Cha Dec 2014 #26
Warpy Dec 2014 #5
Cha Dec 2014 #8
malaise Dec 2014 #45
sheshe2 Dec 2014 #11
Cha Dec 2014 #15
sheshe2 Dec 2014 #12
Cha Dec 2014 #20
Hassin Bin Sober Dec 2014 #18
Cha Dec 2014 #21
StevePaulson Dec 2014 #22
Cha Dec 2014 #23
LineLineReply Add Judge Carl Barbier to the list. He has been allowing BP to create a huge conflict of interest
Dustlawyer Dec 2014 #59
herding cats Dec 2014 #24
Cha Dec 2014 #27
freshwest Dec 2014 #25
Cha Dec 2014 #28
freshwest Dec 2014 #75
Cha Dec 2014 #78
Spitfire of ATJ Dec 2014 #29
Cha Dec 2014 #30
Spitfire of ATJ Dec 2014 #34
Cha Dec 2014 #35
Spitfire of ATJ Dec 2014 #36
Cha Dec 2014 #37
Brigid Dec 2014 #62
Cha Dec 2014 #31
Cha Dec 2014 #32
Cha Dec 2014 #33
LineReply K
Cha Dec 2014 #38
brer cat Dec 2014 #39
Cha Dec 2014 #40
LineReply K
Cha Dec 2014 #41
Cha Dec 2014 #42
Cha Dec 2014 #43
spanone Dec 2014 #44
Cha Dec 2014 #49
spanone Dec 2014 #61
Cha Dec 2014 #70
Cha Dec 2014 #46
LineReply K
Cha Dec 2014 #47
Cha Dec 2014 #48
Cha Dec 2014 #50
Cha Dec 2014 #51
Brigid Dec 2014 #52
Cha Dec 2014 #53
niyad Dec 2014 #54
Cha Dec 2014 #55
Cha Dec 2014 #56
2naSalit Dec 2014 #57
Cha Dec 2014 #58
blackspade Dec 2014 #60
rewinn Dec 2014 #63
Cha Dec 2014 #71
Cha Dec 2014 #66
calimary Dec 2014 #64
Cha Dec 2014 #68
Enthusiast Dec 2014 #65
Cha Dec 2014 #69
WillyT Dec 2014 #67
appalachiablue Dec 2014 #72
Cha Dec 2014 #73
appalachiablue Dec 2014 #74
Cha Dec 2014 #76
appalachiablue Dec 2014 #77
Cha Dec 2014 #79
Cha Dec 2014 #80
Please login to view edit histories.