Jackie Radical's "The 12 Suggested Steps of DUmmies Unanimous " [View all]
Jim sent me this just in the last few days. Said he was going to rework to be current. He didn't send me the link to original post
It will stand as is now.
From a really great, funny, kind man to all of DU
"Things were a lot lighter in that era, despite all the heat.
Here's something of mine from back then:
The 12 Suggested Steps of DUmmies Unanimous
1. We admitted we were powerless over GD--that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could tombstone us at will.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Skinner as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of those holding or advocating opposing opinions.
5. Admitted to the Magistrate the exact nature of their wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have The Admin remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Them to remove our tombstones and reinstate us.
8. Made a list of all persons whom we had put on Ignore or whose threads we had hijacked, and became willing to fake amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would entail inconveniences on our part.
10. Continued to take inventory of opposing doctrines and their proponents and when they were wrong promptly tried to make them admit it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with Admin, as we understood Them, praying only that they would overlook our flamewars and personal attacks.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to the trolls, Morans and FReepers. "