I'm 55 Yrs Old, Middle-Class White Male, Retired Military...and I'm pi$$ed as hell [View all]
Ive heard and read a lot about the angry middle class white male voter lately. Well, let me tell you that I fit that description.
Im so blanking pissed I cant see straight!
Im angry that white middle class males support a Republican Party that has done nothing but shatter their lives, send their kids off to endless war, wrecked their labor rights, screwed their wages and told their mothers, wives, sisters, daughters and granddaughters that they arent smart enough and emotionally secure enough to control their own health care.
- Im pissed that they put Ronald Reagan into office twice, believing that it was their social safety net and economic protections, and NOT the profits of the 1% that had become bloated and ineffective.
- Im pissed that they have declared their enemy to be the fire-fighter who lives down the street, the teacher who teaches their kids, or the government Financial Management Analyst that coaches their kids little league baseball team, simply because those Americans have a decent pension and benefits package. Im extremely ticked-off that they dont ask instead WHY DO MY BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT PLANS SUCK SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
- Im perturbed that they dont realize that 400 years of slavery, followed by 150 years of State-Sanctioned racism and discrimination in housing in employment in education in law enforcement in voting in mobility might, JUST MIGHT, have something to do with some folks being mired in abject poverty.
- Im fucking apocalyptic that the White Middle Class watched 5 and 6 year old kids get their fucking brains blown out and their torsos blown in half by military grade weapons and ammunition magazines, and allowed some LaPierre asshat to convince them that we couldnt do ONE reasonable fucking thing to make this mass-murder shit a little harder to carry out. Thats all we were asking lets just make killing massive amounts of people just a little bit harder. Instead they listened to this ass-pickle from the NRA, who they KNOW in their heart of hearts, would be the first prick to turn tail and run in a barfight.
- Im pissed that theyve given away just about all the labor rights and social justice progress that their forefathers fought and died for, without so much as a whimper.
- Im beyond angry that they believed a guy with five Vietnam Era deferments and a guy that spent the war defending the Floribama Bar, were better suited to defend this country, or understand the sacrifices asked of our military, than the guy that did back-to-back Riverine tours in Nam with the Purple Hearts and Bronze Stars to prove it.
But what pisses me off the most is that theyve become frightened little pissants either brainwashed by incessant horseshit on talk radio or constantly told by Faux News that, others and NOT their own effing votes and support for the asshat party, are the reason theyve been held back. Its never the fact that theyve bought into the trickle-down bullshit that has caused their wages to stagnate, their social safety net to be destroyed, or their employment right to be diminished NO its always the fault of some other.
-Some mythical Welfare Queen
-Some immigrant picking lettuce for $20 a day
-Some LGBT person who just wants to be left the eff alone to love who they love and prosper in freedom
-Some Union Member that patrols their streets, teaches their spoiled ass kids, or protects their home from fire.
Hell NO! Admitting that theyve been played like fools for the past 30 years would require them to blame themselves, and they are way too cowardly to do that.
So what will they do? Theyll continue to vote for pricks like Donald Trump, or Chuck Grassley, or John Kasich, or Sam Brownback, in the hopes that maybe if we just pump more wealth to the top, itll all start trickling down eventually. Bet hey, when it doesnt, theyll just blame the liberals, the hippies, the dope smokers and the queers.
These asshats, most making between $42-$47K a year with a shitty 401K and bare-bones health benefits, identify their enemy as their fellow American making between $46-$51K a year with a decent pension and benefits and that pisses me off to no end.