Welcome to DU!
The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards.
Join the community:
Create a free account
Support DU (and get rid of ads!):
Become a Star Member
Latest Breaking News
Editorials & Other Articles
General Discussion
The DU Lounge
All Forums
Issue Forums
Culture Forums
Alliance Forums
Region Forums
Support Forums
Help & Search
General Discussion
In reply to the discussion: Osteen rep lying furiously on CNN -- claiming all that water "drained away" since MONDAY and [View all]VOX
(22,976 posts)80. "Ex-Worker Accusing TBN Pastor Says He Had Sex to Keep His Job"
Is this 9/22/2004 Los Angeles Times article related to what you know?
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/22/local/me-tbn22
A former Trinity Broadcasting Network employee who was paid $425,000 to keep quiet about his claims of a homosexual tryst with televangelist Paul Crouch has disclosed details of his complaint, saying that he had felt forced to engage in the alleged sexual acts to keep his job.
Enoch Lonnie Ford, 41, said he was going public with his story because he believes TBN officials breached a confidentiality agreement that was part of a 1998 settlement that provided the payment to him. Network officials broke the agreement, he contends, by issuing a statement last week responding to a news account of the ministry's legal effort to silence him. TBN's statement described the circumstances of the settlement and highlighted Ford's criminal background.
Crouch, 70, is president and popular on-air personality of Orange County-based TBN, the world's largest religious broadcaster.
<snip>
Or perhaps it's found in this 6/5/2017 Orange County Register article:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.ocregister.com/2017/06/05/jury-awards-2-million-to-granddaughter-of-trinity-broadcast-network-founders-in-personal-injury-case/amp/
Granddaughter who alleged rape cover-up is awarded $2 million in Trinity Broadcasting Network lawsuit
An Orange County jury Monday, June 5 awarded $2 million in damages to the granddaughter of late televangelist Jan Crouch, finding that the minister acted outrageously when she blamed and berated her 13-year-old granddaughter after the girl told her she had been sexually assaulted by a church employee.
The jury deliberated nearly eight hours before determining that Jan Crouch, who co-founded the Trinity Broadcasting Network empire with her late husband Paul, caused her granddaughter Carra Crouch, now 24, years of emotional pain and suffering.
The judgment was $1 million for past emotional damage, and $1 million for future pain and suffering.
<snip>
Edit history
Please sign in to view edit histories.
Recommendations
0 members have recommended this reply (displayed in chronological order):
85 replies
= new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight:
NoneDon't highlight anything
5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
RecommendedHighlight replies with 5 or more recommendations
Osteen rep lying furiously on CNN -- claiming all that water "drained away" since MONDAY and [View all]
anneboleyn
Aug 2017
OP
The first time my husband saw her on television with her big pink hair in her pink outfit he said
elehhhhna
Aug 2017
#76
No my story has to do with being a volunteer at the creepy TBN phone bank ONE TIME!!
ChubbyStar
Aug 2017
#81
He's a con man. Whether or not somebody who criticizes him is an atheist is irrelevant.
The Velveteen Ocelot
Aug 2017
#35
Honestly, I used to think he was better than the others. I was obviously totally wrong. He is a
anneboleyn
Aug 2017
#5
Yep. I think you are right. And he couldn't even call in himself. Twitter is exposing his lies
anneboleyn
Aug 2017
#17
It was Osteen's brother-in-law talking with Burnett. He claimed that the church building
applegrove
Aug 2017
#6
He also claimed that they had flooding from this storm and that the water had receded. Also, flood
anneboleyn
Aug 2017
#20
They did flood in their lower parking garages. but 24 hours with sump pumps & storm sewers open
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#65
Thats correct and on this Sat. the churches parking was flooded out. schools were used FIRST as
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#24
Its ok, mayor of houston is using places like olsteins to take a few buses of convention center ove
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#16
What is okay? OSTEEN is a despicable jackass who obviously cares about his image and $$$$ far more
anneboleyn
Aug 2017
#21
I hear you. But he DID volunteer his church to take OVERFLOW homeless from convention center.
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#29
yes public shaming may have helped :P, but the public schools were PLANNED first emergency shelters
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#45
no, the planned use of public schools weren't overwhelmed. you may not like the megachurch but at
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#68
ok, I can see that's most important to you. I live in SSW Houston & missed flooding by about 1 inch
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#71
lol, true :).conven. center is just full. Disaster Plans-excellent thanks to Obama admin. 'up grades
Sunlei
Aug 2017
#64